SCT Tuner Questions

Yep...shift points rpm limiters, speed limiters, fuel trim, timing trim, you name it.

Fepony said:
Yep...shift points rpm limiters, speed limiters, fuel trim, timing trim, you name it.

What about engine fan turn on temp?

What I'm getting at is it worth having the DC Flash PCM on at all or should I just install the factory PCM before the programming?

Annu Kumar said:
I want to cool this truck down. It runs pretty hot
I thought you had a flash? I thought it makes the fan come on sooner. Did you change your thermastat to 170 degree.

sleeper said:
I thought you had a flash? I thought it makes the fan come on sooner. Did you change your thermastat to 170 degree.

If you stipulate that you have a 170 deg thermo than the fan will kick on sooner -- If you stay with stock thermostat, as I did, then fan control will remain as stock but be sure you tell Dan your going to stay with stock thermostat. You don't want to run a stock thermostat with a SCT programmed for a 170 thermostat.

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
Will the SCT tuner allow you to control parameters like turning on the cooling fan at certain temps? What about shift points for the automatics? Just a few questions.

Fepony said:

Be careful. You CANNOT control any yourself wth the SCT. It's not like the superchips for the hemi that allows you to change shift points, tire size, rev limit, speed govener etc...... The SCT come with three maps in it. These maps are tunes that a generaly specific to the mods that you have done. So whatever you tell your SCT dealer you have and want in the SCT then thats what your tune is going to be geared toward.

The SCT will also let you read trouble codes and clear them.

noid said:
Be careful. You CANNOT control any yourself wth the SCT. It's not like the superchips for the hemi that allows you to change shift points, tire size, rev limit, speed govener etc...... The SCT come with three maps in it. These maps are tunes that a generaly specific to the mods that you have done. So whatever you tell your SCT dealer you have and want in the SCT then thats what your tune is going to be geared toward.

Wrong...you can change everything...it comes with 3 slots for 3 tunes. You build the tunes for each depending on what you want. Example

Tune 1 for street, tune 2 for towing and tune 3 for racing. Go to the SCT site and read up on it...i have been using SCT for years.

Fepony said:
Wrong...you can change everything...it comes with 3 slots for 3 tunes. You build the tunes for each depending on what you want. Example

Tune 1 for street, tune 2 for towing and tune 3 for racing. Go to the SCT site and read up on it...i have been using SCT for years.

Excuse me I may get a little blunt. Do you have a SCT for your SRT-10? You CANNOT change the items you mentioned at any givin time with out uploading a new program with the changes made to that specific program. Like I said in my original post. It is not like the Superchip programmer for the Hemi's that allow you to stop on the side of the road and change all the perametors (sp) at will.

I am pretty sure that this is the answer to the OP question.

Last edited:
noid said:
Excuse me I may get a little blunt. Do you have a SCT for your SRT-10? You CANNOT change the items you mentioned at any givin time with out uploading a new program with the changes made to that specific program. Like I said in my original post. It is not like the Superchip programmer for the Hemi's that allow you to stop on the side of the road and change all the perametors (sp) at will.

I am pretty sure that this is the answer to the OP question.

That is correct...i misunderstood what you said. The parameters are all changable..you just have to make program changes and reload the tune. The great part is you can tweak the tunes and mail them. My tuner makes changes to mine all the time. I just call/PM and tell him what i want the changes to be and he makes them in the tune and sends it to me email...i download it to my tuner and go out and load it on the truck...takes 5 minutes. When you get your truck dyno tuned, they can write 3 tunes for your truck. Your tuning person keeps the info for all 3 tunes and can tweak them as needed. SCT will no doubt come out with the PRP for SRT-10's when they get the codes figured out i'm sure, then you will be able to datalog your truck and make tune changes from the front seat with a laptop.

I'm still a little confused. Should I use the factory PCM before the SCT goes in or should I use the DC Performance Flash PCM before the SCT goes in. I have both PCM's. I also have the 170 T Stat already installed as well.

My question would be if the SCT can change the cooling fan turn on point of the factory PCM from 210 to 175? If it can then I could install my Factory PCM and sell the DC Stage 2 flash PCM to recover some costs.

SrtBrad said:
I'm still a little confused. Should I use the factory PCM before the SCT goes in or should I use the DC Performance Flash PCM before the SCT goes in. I have both PCM's. I also have the 170 T Stat already installed as well.

My question would be if the SCT can change the cooling fan turn on point of the factory PCM from 210 to 175? If it can then I could install my Factory PCM and sell the DC Stage 2 flash PCM to recover some costs.

It should not matter. Whichever PCM you use, you should be able to save the original tune that is on the PCM to the SCT programmer. If you want to be absolutely safe on this, put the factory PCM in. You won't run the risk of losing your DC flash.

You don't need both. The SCT is essentially a flash program that overrides the stock program when you upload it. If you already have the DC PCM, it should be able to do everything that the SCT does, the only issue is getting it re-flashed ( the tuners somehow think this is worth $100 which is BS and for another thread)

--wes

noid said:

Actually you can, depending on firmware (not sure if it's released for the srt-10 yet) but you can control your AF, shift points, gearing etc up to a certain % with the handheld unit built off a tune you created or received from a tuner.

--wes

wesman said:
Actually you can, depending on firmware (not sure if it's released for the srt-10 yet) but you can control your AF, shift points, gearing etc up to a certain % with the handheld unit built off a tune you created or received from a tuner.

--wes

True but it's not a option for our trucks as of yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back