SCT Tuner - Won't connect? 1013 Error.

Neil

Reaction score
So, hoping someone can help.

I've got an SRT-10 QC which I've owned since 1800 miles, I've just put a Paxton on it, and gone with an SCT, MAF, Injectors & Fuel Pumps rather than using the split second box.

The issue is that I've gone to download the tune into the truck, and the SCT won't even connect. The firmware is up to date on the SCT & the tune is on the tuner.

It's giving a 1013 error. I can't even get the DTC's, or any info off the truck.

My OBD2 reader will connect & read all codes.

Speaking to tech support, they said a 1013 is a no strategy - which essentially means the SCT won't read the ECM. The second guy I spoke to suggested it was a low battery/voltage issue. The only thing aftermarket is an AFM & the Paxton water pump.

So, last night I unplugged the relay to the water pump & tried again - same issue. But, I did notice that when I plug in the SCT the sidelights come on, and after a few seconds the check engine light flashes?

Seems somewhat odd, and I just wondered if anyone had any ideas? I tried the tuner on an '06 dodge at work & it managed to connect & get vehicle info?

Thanks

Neil

I had the same issue with a Tuner that i bought from unleashed tuning about 6 months ago. I was told there was a "bad run" of tuners made, and i had to contact SCT directly to return the tuner for a new one. The process cost me nothing except for a weeks time, SCT paid return shipping (i had to insist on this). The new tuner that i received worked great, no issues. My truck was a 2005 QC.

Thanks guys - that's what I figured, sent it back last Saturday, still waiting for a new one.

I had the older version of SCT which was vin locked, that connected no problem, so I figured it's a bad one.

Thanks again!

I had the exact same issue. I sent my tuner back to SCT and they sent it right back to me. It still showed error 1013!! I now have a new tuner being sent. Hope this one works!

So I got my new SCT tuner. I hooked it up and got the same error 1013 no OS part number found. I was very upset and called tech support again. While I was on the phone, the guy placed me on hold and said his manager just released a new service anouncement for the ram srt-10. I guess they were testing our devices on a regular dodge ram PCM. He said the Viper PCM is different. I would have to send both devices back to them and they would take it apart and replace the board in the device. He said as of 5pm today they are aware there is an issue and all devices that give error 1013 need sent back and taken apart. DO NOT spend money on fuses, wires and re-flashes. The problem isn't with our trucks its with the device:mad: It took me 3 weeks and lots of calls and complaints, but it should be worth it once they fix it!

Which model SCT where you using? I have a 9550 I bought off a forum user on here and put a tune from Torrie on my truck no problems.

I would confirm al the pinout wires in the back of the OBD2 port are intact and making contact . one or more of the pins may have backed out. ...... just a thought !

The SCT model number is 3200. I checked the wires and plugs and everything is fine. Autozone and the dealership both hooked up just fine. SCT said they need to fix the tuner itself. I will keep you posted once I get the tuner back.

I just received a model 3200 a little over a week ago, and the SCT Device Updater software won't even read or see the tuner and I get an error when trying to load a tune from Torrie onto it. SCT tells me I may have to talk to them over the phone. Glad I came on tonight to read about the potential problem with the 3200 models. I will make sure I get this resolved with them, up to and including a replacement. Thanks guys for all the info on this

Just had the same error message on a 3200 that I received about 4 days ago from JTSV. SCT is ruining my fun.

Been talking with SCT all day. It's a firmware issue from what they're saying. May be able to fix it remotely. Wish they'd just send me the update.

They say I need to send in the PCM and Tuner for firmware. Which isnt an option at this point. It's my daily driver.

SCT customer service was pretty lacking in my opinion - they all seemed to be reading through past resolutions.....which isn't a bad way to go, but someone needs to fix the issue in the first place. The first guy got a little argumentative when I even suggested it was a tuner issue - but couldn't back it up with a reason for why it wasn't faulty......anyway I digress.

Torrie sent a new one out & no further issues (even thought the first one connected to an '06 hemi it had issues with the SRT).

Helpful vendors are worth supporting in my opinion, and both Torrie & Tony have come through when I've had issues (not related).....my 2c

Last edited:
Yeah JTSV has been a big help for me. SCT seemed a bit stand offish. I wouldn't mind sending in the PCM to possibly help others in the future with the same issue. I just can't do it with my time frame.

Yeah JTSV has been a big help for me. SCT seemed a bit stand offish. I wouldn't mind sending in the PCM to possibly help others in the future with the same issue. I just can't do it with my time frame.

Wait, they wanted you to send in your truck's PCM? I'd told them to kick rocks as well.

Yeah SCT wanted my PCM as well and I told them no way it is my daily driver. I FINALLY got mine working! It's not the firmware update like they keep telling people. The problem is in the tuner itself. I was on my 4th tuner from them before they really admitted there was a problem with the board inside the tuner and it needed changed. Once they did that it worked great! Thanks to JTSV and Torrie for helping me because I sent them many e-mails too. Now it works great and what a difference! Torrie knows what he is doing with his tunes!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back