computer upgrades.. Now i already have a stage II flash on this truck but
that was when there was no SCT tuner.. So i'm wondering would it be worth
while to get the SCT or VEC3 or should i just stay with my stageII flash
and call it? I do realize this simply boils down to money but i think a used
VEC 3 would sell for as much as a new SCT? :dontknow: Also, what kind of
HP/TQ gains might i expect to get over the stageII flash if i went with the
SCT or VEC3?

Andrew

Go with the SCT tuner,that way you will have three tunes to play with.

mauiSRT/10 said:
You have a stage 2 already, IMO there is no need for a vec 3. All a SCT does is give you flexibility to change out tunes. Is that something you need?

patrick

Not in particular.. I'm just trying to plan ahead for this build. If i get heads
and a cam i want to be able to tune every last HP out of it so i was wondering
what might be best.. I figure that the stage II is also a little out of date
since i've done headers and a TB since then so i thought i might be able
to pick up a few more ponies if i went ahead and got a programmer. :D :rock:
But i'm not real sure exactly how much HP i would get right now if i
went the SCT or VEC3 route. :dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
If you plan major modding like the heads & cam definitely go with the SCT...easy email tuning for most mods....
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

If your building up your engine,Hands down ,Go with the S,C.T..A respectable tuner(I did say respectable)can really reign in the h.p. numbers.:rock: If your talking n.a. stock,I have not seen much difference between B&G vs S.C.T.vs vec.Now try to take the pebble from my hand grasshopper!!:D

Sharpimage said:
Not in particular.. I'm just trying to plan ahead for this build. If i get heads
and a cam i want to be able to tune every last HP out of it so i was wondering
what might be best.. I figure that the stage II is also a little out of date
since i've done headers and a TB since then so i thought i might be able
to pick up a few more ponies if i went ahead and got a programmer. :D :rock:
But i'm not real sure exactly how much HP i would get right now if i
went the SCT or VEC3 route. :dontknow:
and when do you plan on doing this? tommorrow? if not , stay with what you have until you actually do somehting, when you do actually start the heads and cam project , then order a sct programmer, that way you will have it in hand by the time you finish the install on the heads and cam.

at the moment, you really want see enough difference the way it is now to justify buying a new tuner

Ahhh you wise old men have a point!:D :D Alright alright.. so the game plan is to get
a SCT when the time is right.. In regards to my mods i suppose there
really isn't much else i can do HP wise that's fairly cheap is there?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sharpimage said:
Ahhh you wise old men have a point!:D :D Alright alright.. so the game plan is to get
a SCT when the time is right.. In regards to my mods i suppose there
really isn't much else i can do HP wise that's fairly cheap is there?

Thanks,

Andrew
spruce juice and stay at a 75hp shot

Stinker said:
spruce juice and stay at a 75hp shot
Hmmmmm, Bud, can you talk to Joy for me. A 75 hp shot sounds interseting.:rock: :D

Only tunes in open loop.

The big boys all run it. But do they run it because when the big boys got big that was the only'est thing on the market?

bigike said:
Only tunes in open loop.

The big boys all run it. But do they run it because when the big boys got big that was the only'est thing on the market?
not true sct was out when my rig was gettin built its not that new anymore ike....and if i thought there was anything to gain by switchin my veclll to an sct it would have already happened;)

the viper guys have used the vec for a long time with a proven track record. I got pretty big gains when Joe tuned my truck. I'll have to look back to see how much it was.

went back and looked it up. when I had it dyno tuned by Joe D picked up 21 hp and 51lb/ft of torque. And he also made me a tune to run a nitrous setup. Very nice setup. But from what I hear the sct's are nice too. I wish HP had came out with a program when I had my truck tuned.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back