SCT vs. stage II flash vs. VEC3

505'sFastestViper. said:
best tuner for these trucks is hands down the vec....unlimited tunes, proven to tune big hp, can datalog , need i go on

enough bout the vec, tell me about you silly;)

Stand alone AEM............ will the increase in horsepower and or a safer tune justify the 3500 bill on it?

505'sFastestViper. said:
best tuner for these trucks is hands down the vec....unlimited tunes, proven to tune big hp, can datalog , need i go on

The VEC is a great tuner but it's father does not agree with you Dom....

The SCT is the best. It can do everything the VEC can do. You are limited to 3 tunes in the SCT at one time but you can have as many as you want loaded on a computer. Just takes a few minutes. The SCT can do large HP numbers. I'm at 700+ RWHP with the SCT with no problems. The SCT is a great out of the box HP adder. The VEC has to be hard wired into your PCM by someone who knows what they are doing. The card reader for the SCT will be under the hood unless you pay extra money to get an extension to put it in the cab. The SCT connects to the ODB port under the steering wheel.

The only thing the VEC has over the SCT is data logging. Even Roe racing who invented the VEC now offers his S/C's with SCT's. I have had the stage 1, stage 2, VEC 3 and SCT. Best bang for the buck is the SCT. But to answer your question just stay with the Stage 2 until you add some serious mods (FI/NOS).

FlyingLow said:
The SCT is the best. It can do everything the VEC can do. You are limited to 3 tunes in the SCT at one time but you can have as many as you want loaded on a computer. Just takes a few minutes. The SCT can do large HP numbers. I'm at 700+ RWHP with the SCT with no problems. The SCT is a great out of the box HP adder. The VEC has to be hard wired into your PCM by someone who knows what they are doing. The card reader for the SCT will be under the hood unless you pay extra money to get an extension to put it in the cab. The SCT connects to the ODB port under the steering wheel.

The only thing the VEC has over the SCT is data logging. Even Roe racing who invented the VEC now offers his S/C's with SCT's. I have had the stage 1, stage 2, VEC 3 and SCT. Best bang for the buck is the SCT. But to answer your question just stay with the Stage 2 until you add some serious mods (FI/NOS).
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

505'sFastestViper. said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Moak_1.jpg

It's my understanding that the vec is a open loop tuner. It runs on a open loop circuit where it only acknowledges the parameters plugged in to it.

The sct tunes in closed loop where it takes into accout 02's, IAT and such.

Now I only say this because of what i've been told about it running open loop. And what I know about Siemens varilable drives and tuning the drive in open and closed loop.

If you only go VEC you will need to flash the computer for shift points, revlimiter, and 02's eliminated..... all that jazz.

http://www.viperacr.com/tuners/refe...=40>+<FONT+class=buttons>&nbsp;TUNERS+</FONT>

Last edited:
bigike said:
It's my understanding that the vec is a open loop tuner. It runs on a open loop circuit where it only acknowledges the parameters plugged in to it.

The sct tunes in closed loop where it takes into accout 02's, IAT and such.

Now I only say this because of what i've been told about it running open loop. And what I know about Siemens varilable drives and tuning the drive in open and closed loop.

If you only go VEC you will need to flash the computer for shift points, revlimiter, and 02's eliminated..... all that jazz.

http://www.viperacr.com/tuners/refe...=40>+<FONT+class=buttons>&nbsp;TUNERS+</FONT>
already done but i have no shift points fully manual valve body;)

Not that I necessarily like the Vec 100%, I just like it over the SCT. Ive tuned the car to a perfect "t", and its been running great for over 2 years, Still waiting on a better tuner before I make any switch. The AEM would be a better option to the vec however....

RedSrt007 said:
Not that I necessarily like the Vec 100%, I just like it over the SCT. Ive tuned the car to a perfect "t", and its been running great for over 2 years, Still waiting on a better tuner before I make any switch. The AEM would be a better option to the vec however....
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: thats my boy argue you with that.......and you will get your ass banned!!!!!!!!

I just got me the pcmscan software now all i need is the obd2 to usb cable and I can log my tune and get roe to fix it.

LOL yeah....... that'll happen :) I heard that turbochargers.com tune vipers I'll talk to them also.

This PCMSCAN is neat it's got a dyno, drag stip along with a the parameter graphs.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back