SCT ?

Ronin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here using a SCT for two different vehicles? I know that you can only tune one vehicle at a time, but I'm curious since I already have one for my oil-burner, I thought I could just buy the tunes separately. No matter how hard I try, I can only drive one of my trucks at a time and since my diesel is my tow monster it doesn't get a lot of seat time now that I bought my SRT-10. Seeing that SCT just sitting there, doing nothing for my QC, is killin' me!

Thanks in advance...

Matty

Ronin said:
Seeing that SCT just sitting there, doing nothing for my QC, is killin' me!

Well I guess you could use it as a "Diagnostic Tool" while playing Doctor on a date...:dontknow:

I think the VIN of the vehicle has to be programmed into the SCT. Don't think you can use it two different vehicles at the same time (even if the one is returned to stock). Not sure on this, the VIN might be in the tune. If that is the case it should work. Someone who knows the SCT I am sure can confirm this.

rottenronnie said:
Well I guess you could use it as a "Diagnostic Tool" while playing Doctor on a date...:dontknow:

If I could use it like that I wouldn't leave the house! :D

SlvrSnake said:
I think the VIN of the vehicle has to be programmed into the SCT. Don't think you can use it two different vehicles at the same time (even if the one is returned to stock). Not sure on this, the VIN might be in the tune. If that is the case it should work. Someone who knows the SCT I am sure can confirm this.

I thought the VIN was part of the tune along with the tuner's serial number, but I know Jack and shit about the SCT/tuning, and Jack just left town, hence my post!

I'm gonna check with Marty tomorrow, not having to buy another (identical) tuner would be cool and leave me money for other things...

Ronin said:
I thought the VIN was part of the tune along with the tuner's serial number, but I know Jack and shit about the SCT/tuning, and Jack just left town, hence my post!

I'm gonna check with Marty tomorrow, not having to buy another (identical) tuner would be cool and leave me money for other things...

Several manufacturers (maybe all?) use the system that "sucks" the stock program into the box and holds it there to prevent using it on more than one vehicle. That, and a serial number... You will need to buy another SCT or a Bully Dog, or whatever you like for your diesel.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back