Second Thoughts about Supercharger

And I might add.... there's a meter they plug-in to your computer/outlet in your Truck to read the codes that the Truck might throw.
That tool also reads all history of my Truck from that same outlet.

MY TRUCK HAS NEVER THROWN A CODE .. NEVER !

Not even in the HISTORY of the Hard-drive. It's ALL in the TUNE.

We are blessed to have Chris Jensen/tuner on the west coast...... what a turn-key-operation he makes for us.

Quick

QUICKSILVER said:
And I might add.... there's a meter they plug-in to your computer/outlet in your Truck to read the codes that the Truck might throw.
That tool also reads all history of my Truck from that same outlet.

MY TRUCK HAS NEVER THROWN A CODE .. NEVER !

Not even in the HISTORY of the Hard-drive. It's ALL in the TUNE.

We are blessed to have Chris Jensen/tuner on the west coast...... what a turn-key-operation he makes for us.

Quick

what he said....3k miles and ticking...

greatone61 said:
Thats what I figured, I'd probably spend more money N/A. One question I got about the tune, and I saw this happen to my buddy with a 6.1 Hemi. He got a S/C installed on it in SoCal, drove it back to ABQ, tune didn't work well and it blew. Does elevation have a part to play in this?
because it was a Hemi, and they have a "NAZI" stock fly by wire computer, that is all but impossible to comminucate with. the stock ecm is constantly trying to reset itself, and only has a 7% increase in performance factor. trying to get a piggy back controller to work, and not throw codes is very very difficult. none of the installs i have seen worked flawlessly on the Hemi, its a bastard to modify.

Our engines are fine, you can SC it and have tons of fun, or you can build the engine and go for it, the main weakness is the pistons,

Pistons are 49.95 at your Dodge parts department. Coin holder is $67.15. LOL I agree, easy call on the cheap stock pistons!

Attachments

• dcp_3107.jpg
    dcp_3107.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 48
  • pists2.jpg
    pists2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 43
  • dcp_3118.jpg
    dcp_3118.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 42
BOOMER said:
because it was a Hemi, and they have a "NAZI" stock fly by wire computer, that is all but impossible to comminucate with. the stock ecm is constantly trying to reset itself, and only has a 7% increase in performance factor. trying to get a piggy back controller to work, and not throw codes is very very difficult. none of the installs i have seen worked flawlessly on the Hemi, its a bastard to modify.
He's not joking. I am throwing codes on my hemi every day! Luckily I have a Hyperpac to read them and clear them.

Bone said:
Pistons are 49.95 at your Dodge parts department. Coin holder is $67.15. LOL I agree, easy call on the cheap stock pistons!

Jeez, thats insane!!!! How could they install such cheap parts when its a fricken Viper motor? Why not put some good shit in there and just charge another few $100 or whatever? A fricken viper sells for $85k for petes sake!!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Jeez, thats insane!!!! How could they install such cheap parts when its a fricken Viper motor? Why not put some good shit in there and just charge another few $100 or whatever? A fricken viper sells for $85k for petes sake!!

patrick
dude the pistons are NOT the reason for failure, detonation is. the stockers are lighter and can run tighter clearances than a forged, which is desired on a street engine, that the general public will just start and drive off hard when the engine is cold. twin turbo porches use cast hyperutectic pistons.. yes the stockers are not good for hi-boost thrasher engines, but you wont make more power or gain anything from just switching pistons. just a higher margin of error when you start leaning on the engine for more power.

but dont you think the almost zero clearance is a problem? I agree for small amount of hp increase they are fine and more needs better, but I am just not a fan of the really really close tolerance, I guess it comes fromthe bikes,I like it loose?:dontknow:

people adjust to horsepower like the weather....the more you get the more you need...once you get used to it...you dont think you got enough....am i right or am i right.....

as far as cylinder pressure is concerned the stockers will hold plenty as long as you don't have detonation....detonation increases the pressure by 400%...

All in the Tune...

wheredwhogo? said:
people adjust to horsepower like the weather....the more you get the more you need...once you get used to it...you dont think you got enough....am i right or am i right.....

Nah,.....:D ..I am just going direct port nitrous for the cooling effect............

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back