Seeking Advice/Military guys

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Go Navy... If you are looking to fly airlines after the Service. There is a new platform that is going to replace my Aircraft here shortly. It's called the P-8 (Modified 737)...but I'm sure that could get your foot in the door later! ;) Just get your degree before you enter!!!

Just do what works for you. :)

Bone i will be sending you a PM later today about the airshow for sure. I'm flying into abline next sat also haha maybe i can work somethign out... I'm leaning more towards the PLC program but. i am soon to be married and i really do not want to be gone away from home alot " which i know thats more than likely not going to happen but the less the better" so that really makes the airforce look like a good idea.. and on the other hand the army warrent officer looks like a good idea also my mother works for Cooks children hospital as a Aircraft dispatcher "2 rotor wing and 1 fixed wing" and i've already been told i could get hired on with them. i guess the best thing is going to be next week so soak up all the info i can from recruiters.and pick my uncles brain.if i'm going to go military it's going to be full time hands down. i don't half ass things "not saying it would be half assed part time but you get what i'm saying" Keep the info coming please guys i will for sure post up later this after noon

But with all the advice I have to opine...get the degree...that is the major stepping stone to multiple careers...if you select the service great...if you want to fly great...but get the tools that enable you to have multiple options in the future...if you are going to A&M you will have plenty of opportunity to explore the different military routes available...

Get the degree!

Tooloe said:
Bone i will be sending you a PM later today about the airshow for sure. I'm flying into abline next sat also haha maybe i can work somethign out... I'm leaning more towards the PLC program but. i am soon to be married and i really do not want to be gone away from home alot " which i know thats more than likely not going to happen but the less the better" so that really makes the airforce look like a good idea.. and on the other hand the army warrent officer looks like a good idea also my mother works for Cooks children hospital as a Aircraft dispatcher "2 rotor wing and 1 fixed wing" and i've already been told i could get hired on with them. i guess the best thing is going to be next week so soak up all the info i can from recruiters.and pick my uncles brain.if i'm going to go military it's going to be full time hands down. i don't half ass things "not saying it would be half assed part time but you get what i'm saying" Keep the info coming please guys i will for sure post up later this after noon

I did Army and AF ROTC.
Grandfather was a Marine and also worked at the USCGA.
Uncle was AF.
Dad was civilian GS worker.
So luckily, I had many inputs to weigh.
I've been Active Duty, Reserves, and Guard.
Also, got into the AFA but chose the college route instead.

Nevertheless, choose what is best for you and not for others. Every Service has its advantages.

LoveThisTruck said:
Go army warrant, I'll be your crew chief:D

+1

Signed,
Retired Army Warrant Officer
(And I do have a degree, lol) :eek:

If you decide you want to learn how to eat snakes, wear Rolex watches and drink lots of beer in foreign countries, shoot me a pm :D

Tooloe said:

You Quoted ME....not Bone! :mad:

He wears Rainbow Speedo's on the weekend while I go out and do God's Work for our Country! ;) :D :D :D
(Disregard any comments about Purple Pickle Bunny's....I have no idea what that is about!!!:elefant: )

KRAZYSRT10 said:
You Quoted ME....not Bone! :mad:

He wears Rainbow Speedo's on the weekend while I go out and do God's Work for our Country! ;) :D :D :D
(Disregard any comments about Purple Pickle Bunny's....I have no idea what that is about!!!:elefant: )

lol :D :elefant: :elefant:

All I can say if your going to go into the marines, or even the Army or Air Force, be in shape, and not overweight.

If you want to move up in the ranks, you got to have a piece of paper saying your smart.(degree) Even the little old enlisted guys.

Do it.

Been in now 27 years and going, and have little or no regret.

iraqivet01 said:
All I can say if your going to go into the marines, or even the Army or Air Force, be in shape, and not overweight.

If you want to move up in the ranks, you got to have a piece of paper saying your smart.(degree) Even the little old enlisted guys.

Do it.

Been in now 27 years and going, and have little or no regret.
in shape is not a problem.. lol honestly only thing i hate doing is runnin hahahaa but i can get over it i weigh 190 soaking wet with a body fat of 8% and after class everyday i'm at the gym :D

and yes the degree is coming first hands down.. i want to fly not be a grunt. no offence to anybody

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back