shifter

john b

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Tony. I finally got around to installing my new shifter. The 4 bolts that go into transmission that you sent are wrong. You sent 5/16 course, and my trans is 8mm. Are transmissions different? No big deal for me but others may crank in wrong bolts and ruin threads in aluminum. I'll get new bolts in morning. just thought I'd let you know so others wont have problems.

Hey Tony. I finally got around to installing my new shifter. The 4 bolts that go into transmission that you sent are wrong. You sent 5/16 course, and my trans is 8mm. Are transmissions different? No big deal for me but others may crank in wrong bolts and ruin threads in aluminum. I'll get new bolts in morning. just thought I'd let you know so others wont have problems.

yessir we had a few that had the wrong size sent out , but man that was months ago? cant remember when you ordered yours, but if you need the correct ones contact me and will get them sent out sir,
my apologies for the mistakes

Is the stock shifter really that bad in comparison? I've had my truck for four years now and I still have the stock shifter. I have never had the opportunity to drive a 10 with Tony's shifter so I have no opinion what-so-ever. I'm not going to say that my stock shifter is great compared to other cars I have driven but I don't think it's that bad.... Would it really be worth my time to buy one? If there was a guarantee that I would trim a .10 or .20 in the 1/4 I would definitely buy one!!! :dontknow:

Is the stock shifter really that bad in comparison? I've had my truck for four years now and I still have the stock shifter. I have never had the opportunity to drive a 10 with Tony's shifter so I have no opinion what-so-ever. I'm not going to say that my stock shifter is great compared to other cars I have driven but I don't think it's that bad.... Would it really be worth my time to buy one? If there was a guarantee that I would trim a .10 or .20 in the 1/4 I would definitely buy one!!! :dontknow:

Were you not around for our power shifting thread where Chris measured our shift times? (link provided) The shifter will improve your time!!

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/power-shifting-53955/

I thought it wouldn't matter so never really tried to get a diff shifter. I saw a gen 1 real cheap so I snagged it just to see. You dont know what yut missin till u try one.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Jeremy, I dropped .2 going from a modified stock shifter to a Gen II JTSVP. I liked my stock shifter and never understood why they were hated on. Now I have a Gen II and I LOVE it.

thanks for the kind words guys

here is the deal, our machinest we had producing our parts, well decided to go another way and is producing his parts, we are still great friends, but times change
So I had to contact another, and it took a bit before I found someone I trust and well can put up with me and my last minute one off demands.

so we have a new machinest, but he also is pretty large and takes in large jobs, so mine will sorta work thru,

but he does actually a better job than anyone so far, but he has the shifters done, this week he should have the pivot ball completed, last word was I should finally have them in my hands Friday, I have been told this before:D SO I will wait till Friday to see, good thing is tho, he always makes extra, I think this round we have about 30 produced

Soon as they are ready I will let everyone know

thanks again for the kind words:tee:

I have the latest JTS Venom shifter spare and for sale. Brand new, never mounted. Just sold my truck so will let this one go. Want $399 plus shipping.

Brian

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be adding that to the "to do" list! :burnout::burnout:

thanks for the kind words guys

here is the deal, our machinest we had producing our parts, well decided to go another way and is producing his parts, we are still great friends, but times change
So I had to contact another, and it took a bit before I found someone I trust and well can put up with me and my last minute one off demands.

so we have a new machinest, but he also is pretty large and takes in large jobs, so mine will sorta work thru,

but he does actually a better job than anyone so far, but he has the shifters done, this week he should have the pivot ball completed, last word was I should finally have them in my hands Friday, I have been told this before:D SO I will wait till Friday to see, good thing is tho, he always makes extra, I think this round we have about 30 produced

Soon as they are ready I will let everyone know

thanks again for the kind words:tee:

Tony, there are a couple things about the shifter that I wish I could change. Firstly, the handle pieces have come apart twice. I don't want to lock tight them because the adjuster spring bolts are way easier to access with the top handle piece off. Which brings us to my second concern. I can't seem to get the adjust to center to feel like I want. On the first gear side, I am happy with it. On the 5th gear side, I can't add any more tension without locking myself out of reverse, but there isn't enough tension to cause the shifter to return to center. Maybe using a stiffer spring would help?

we just got ten of them today, I got a few that are already sold, price I going to be $389 on these ten , then I may have to go up $5-$10 on them trying not to , but cost is killing me
but yes caveman we are trying a few different spring tensions

No problem Tony I got new bolts today. I'll finish install tonight.Cant wait to try it, the snow is melting fast. I should be driving my 10 in a couple weeks.

Tony, add one of those to the parts list i sent you today. Ill call tomorrow and send you the money.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be adding that to the "to do" list! :burnout::burnout:

I have the Gen1 and it is awesome, when I see you, you can take her for a spin and see how you like it....The new Gen2 is supposed to be even better;)

difference in the 1 and 2 is the 2 has a much shorter thro and the gates a much tighter, we have been playing with the spring tension, but its been in very small increments

I have already had a few more sold, so tomorrow will see how many outta this ten we have, warrior, boyette and a couple others have purchased one

Tony, are the springs the same on both sides? Mine feels great on the first gear side, it's the 5th gear side I'd like to change.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back