Shipping prices for catback systems??

Roadkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i have a guy trying to rip me off on shipping...
Anyone buy a Borla cat-back system and had it shipped to them?
I've shipped a lot of stuff before but this guy quoted me $300 to ship it from Indiana to California! :confused: :mad:

I am having headers, mid pipes and catback system shipped from Florida to Utah via UPS for $159.00.

I think He is trying to make some money on his shipping cost and thats why he is charging you so much. Don't know if that is a good business practice:dontknow:

Not sure about Borla, but The Mopar Connection sells the Magnaflow CB for $535 shipped. Thats a great deal for a supporting vendor.

TREKER said:
Not sure about Borla, but The Mopar Connection sells the Magnaflow CB for $535 shipped. Thats a great deal for a supporting vendor.
That is where I got mine! :D :rock:

This guy is off his rocker... shipping Fed Ex Ground is $41.60 approx for 60lbs, 4 day service, $600.00 insurance...

Hell.. Priority overnight (10am next day), $600.00 insurance is $250.00

This guy is ripping you way off...

Thanks very much everyone for the input, I appreciate it. I figgured shipping would run between $60-$120

Roadkill said:
this guy quoted me $300 to ship it from Indiana to California! :confused: :mad:

Wow that's utterly insane man!!!!! I had my whole Roe S/C system, headers and mids all shipped for around $415 to CANADA!!!!!!!! Amazing what people think they can get away with. :dontknow:

at work I ship stuff UPS nearly every day, i can ship things up to 60 lbs from tampa to cali for less than 50 dollars.

That price quote is probably from his local retail shipping store. He probably walked in with pipes in hand and said how much to ship this...."lets see, you'll need two boxes graphed together ($12), packing tape ($4), two tubes of wrapping paper ($15), bubble wrap ($15), 6 bags of peanuts ($25), shipping label ($3), labor to box ($35), actual shipping costs ($85), Insurance ($25), Signature request ($5) and my store markup ($60)....$295.00"

Yep....thats how he got $300.00 shipping charge.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back