short throw shifters

NukeGM/Ford

Reaction score
since this is the viper trans cant we use the Hurst short throw shifter for the viper cars?? havent actually looked in a viper in years so maybe its WAY too short?? Although i have long arms so maybe not so bad??

I've looked at Tonys but the drilled holes take away from the look for me. But, if thats what we have to do.... i'm not losing in round 3 again to a missed shift

since this is the viper trans cant we use the Hurst short throw shifter for the viper cars?? havent actually looked in a viper in years so maybe its WAY too short?? Although i have long arms so maybe not so bad??

I've looked at Tonys but the drilled holes take away from the look for me. But, if thats what we have to do.... i'm not losing in round 3 again to a missed shift

Do you mean the bolt holes for the shifter handle? You don't see those, as they get covered by the shifter boot (on my 06 anyway). It's a really good shifter.

I still have my stock hurst shifter with a shorter length hurst handle.. I like it a lot and gives it a great feel. it also has the classic hurst white knob.

ok, thanks oldcolt, i thought that was a Buick side vent moment or something from the hood to hold your 9mm cartridges.............. didnt realise it would be covered

flamesarewicked, i need to get rid of the selector at the bottom though, although i guess it was probably me, 16 rounds and only missed one 2-3 shift, but that is all it takes to ruin a day at the track

Last edited:
See if you can find a used B&M shifter for these trucks. Works great and cost way less than the venom 2 shifter.

As for the missed shift, it happens. Just try again. I missed 4th last outting and blew a vacuum line off ending my night.

See if you can find a used B&M shifter for these trucks. Works great and cost way less than the venom 2 shifter.

As for the missed shift, it happens. Just try again. I missed 4th last outting and blew a vacuum line off ending my night.

Dang... That sucks.

Thats was an easy fix. The tail shaft cracking on the launch on the 4th pass was what sucked.

I have got one of Tonys shifters and it is worth every $ spent. It is great shifting up and down, have not missed a gear since I installed it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back