Side exhaust kit

Big Worm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was online and I ran across a site that was selling a side exhaust kit for the RC SRT-10. I wanted to know if anyone has the site information.

On this subject, does it make any difference to the exhaust note?
Also, do you gain or lose any hp/T over the rear exit exhaust setup of similar size tubing?

Thanks,
Carl

that would look great on our trucks, except for the empty hole in the rear bumper :dontknow:

I was interested in it cause , I had the same question if it was going to give me more HP. I own a lightning as well, and this truck is a Different league as the L. But I am just trying to squeeze everything I can out. I appreciate it.
Any advice as to what exhaust set up I should roll with.

Two looks great, but sixpack you need to remove the small filler piece above you hitch reciever, it comes out with just two screws then your fascia wont touch the hitch.

mauiSRT/10 said:
You know I like the fact that we are the only two pipe one sided rear exit exhaust..........its part of the srt trademark IMO!!

patrick
Psst - Patrick. Not a trademark, just an easy way to route twin pipes with already existing hangar locations for the 'regular' trucks. GMC had the idea 13 years before.:)

sy_rearside.jpg

As for the Lightning's side exhaust, well that was an easy one too. Back in 1997 when the new F150's rolled out, they all had (single pipe) side exhaust systems behind the pass. side door - one of Ford's better ideas to increase ground clearance. Customers didn't care for it, and a year later they went back to the standard, behind the rear wheel, exhaust pipe. Though it worked out well for the side exhaust on the L in 1999-2004 as the hangar locations were already there. ;)

Last edited:
Big Worm said:
I was online and I ran across a site that was selling a side exhaust kit for the RC SRT-10. I wanted to know if anyone has the site information.

one of the guy here got a side exhuast on there r/c truck look it up..:rock:

My understanding is that side exhaust is all about reducing bends and distance in the exhaust system. Each bend is a source of turbulence and that causes undesired restriction on the system. Having a side exhaust means that you don't have to have pipes that bend up over the axle just to bend back down again and again to shoot straight out the back. At the same time you're not terminating your pipes under the chassis which could release fumes that would be blown into the cab.

Driving Under the Influence of carbon monoxide anyone?...:D

But... I look at the Bassani setup in the link... There are some big U-turns in there. At first glance I get the feeling this is a 'for looks only' setup. I can't imagine a performance increase coming from what looks like a 150 degree bend, mandrel or not...:dontknow:

A better setup would use smaller, separate mufflers that were slid forward a bit and angled toward the exit so that exhaust gasses would have as straight a shot as possible out the side.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back