side exit exhaust

Those are REALLY sweet tips but I think in this case it would look better black..... imo that coming out the panel in stainless steel or chrome screams hey look at me :idontknow:

I will get a picture up sometime tomorrow but they actually blend in really wells. They are angle downward and are rather low on the panel. If you didn't know these trucks then you probably would not even notice it. I don't care for flamboyant mods - simple and clean so anyone looking has to really look closely to see the changes.

Finally got the truck back together a week ago for the big car show here. Took a few pictures of the exhaust. They point downward and blend in really well. Only a few people at the car show realized that they were not stock.

EBCC7EC3-0074-4AA4-856F-7305317D28FE-3047-000006149A5318B8.jpg

18B9E80B-9DCC-4A65-8459-86A05E0F3DDF-3047-000006149FD45FE7.jpg

B6375E4D-1243-4DB1-A18A-FD551B76316C-3047-00000614A2973904.jpg

Agreed, that looks awesome!

I cut them out of a Saleen truck body molding and spliced them into my panel. 3m makes some really good flexible body panel adhesive that flexes and is sand able/paintable. It wasn't an exact fit but they were close enough that a little extra adhesive built up and sanded made them blend in really good. Her is a pic that shows some of it.
photo102.jpg

This is really nicely executed !
If a good craftsmanship is done, you never really can tell if it is original.
With yours, not knowing the truck, i would have believed it is original.

Really looks nice !

Need to have someone come up with a kit.....templates,tips,etc.what about the cutout in the bumper?

WOW! Looking awesome. I bought new moldings yesterday. Going to do dual exhuast on both sides :)

Thinking of using these ones
12008115-origpic-356142.jpg

Last edited:
I can completely understand this. I had a few moments during this that I just had to cringe a little and commit to cutting it.

I have mine dumping under the bed, didn't want to cut into the body

I feel ya! Didnt want that either but it will look way better so i bought new moldings to keep the originals untouched. So that I can go back to stock :)

Need to have someone come up with a kit.....templates,tips,etc.what about the cutout in the bumper?

Im going to document my side exhaust project for sure. Going to take a while... since im working alot :(

Kit would be difficult to make given the modifications that need to be done. It wouldn't be hard to recreate since all the parts that i used were purchased off ebay. Rear bumper exhaust molding was filled.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back