SiriusXM Upgrade?

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 06 RC, I have the REC Nav radio with Mopar's Sirius radio tuner. The SiriusXM channel receiver only goes to channel 184, then cycles back to channel 1. Does anybody know if Mopar (or Dodge) offers an upgrade (software only?) that could allow the tuner to receive channels above 184?

There was a website that Dodge has for upgrades for the radio in my Chally.(RER I think) When I get home I will take a look to see if it has any upgrades for the REC.

Yes, that's the read out displayed and tuned -- to 184, then it cycles back to 1. SiriusXM has several channels above 184 that I would like to receive in the truck. I can tune the upper channels via a computer while I listen to the service on line. I'm not sure if the tuner can receive above 184 or if a software upgrade would allow the tuner to receive upper channels.

There was a website that Dodge has for upgrades for the radio in my Chally.(RER I think) When I get home I will take a look to see if it has any upgrades for the REC.

Thank you sir, please let me know.

Seeing as your radio is 6 years old you may have to upgrade the radio to get the higher channels.

Seeing as your radio is 6 years old you may have to upgrade the radio to get the higher channels.

If I could upgrade just the Sat tuner that may be OK. No funds to upgrade the radio...:(

Sat receiver DOES NOT receive above Ch 184. Will have to replace radio in truck with aftermarket unit or buy a new plug n play radio from Sirius/Xm. I have an 05 & was told there is NO updated software or replacement radio for these truks. Would be interested in the other channels, Seems they from the merger, kept most popular channels of XM & added to Sirius lineup. Have Sirius in my truck, online, phone, & have a Sportster5 to play thru my A/V setup.

The updates are only for the MyGig radios (RER).
I want to say at one point Santeen had a MyGig installed in his 06. Not sure how hard or whats involved.
I'm gonna go check to see how high mine will tune when on Sirius.

In my 06 I have the 6 disk changer, and nav unit. I just updated my Sirius account 1 full year for 100 bucks, and to be honest its really not worth the money, I mean I like Howard stern and the comedy channels, but a lot of the music channels don't play very good music! One thing I bought for mine was the iPod interface, it was like $170 bucks from best buy, and it was easy to install, pretty much just plug and play. Now I have all my music in the truck! When i finished installing it a new tab popped on my screen that says VES, so i didn't lose the CD, or the Sirius, like the geek squad guy told me I would.

link to the interface
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSimple...ded)/9556018.p?id=1218136091637&skuId=9556018

Last edited:
That's similar to the one I had in my truck. Also modded the REC radio to display video from an ipod :D
Even had a computer run into it at one point.

That's similar to the one I had in my truck. Also modded the REC radio to display video from an ipod :D
Even had a computer run into it at one point.

Thats pretty sweet man! but here is my problem, when i bought it the best buy guy told me that i would loose my sirius, but i didnt lose anything, it just added the extra tab, but when i use the i phone, the music volume isint near as loud as the radio, cd, or the sirius, wtf?? did i install it wrong?? it was kind of a bitch to get the radio out to! i really dont wanna take the dash apart again either!

You learn not to put the bottom 2 screws back in the radio trim piece :D

The updates are only for the MyGig radios (RER).
I want to say at one point Santeen had a MyGig installed in his 06. Not sure how hard or whats involved.
I'm gonna go check to see how high mine will tune when on Sirius.

That's what I figured...Also, I checked SiriusXM's website. Some of the channels I'm interested in, 300 series, are offered only on line. Oh well, worth a try. Thanks for doing some research on the updates -- I appreciate it.

What kind of phone do you have?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back