Site Comparison

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you have read, I'm thinking really hard about buying an AC Cobra replica.

There is a local dealer that has the exact car I'm interested in. Well there is a Cobra forum that has a NW Club Chapter. I joined the forum and asked if anyone knew the car or it's history. Not one helpful reply, and not a single welcome to the club. :eek: :(

Quite a difference from this place isn't it.

Dad yeah some people that own cars like that are pricks about it. Ever see one of those Nobles?

I purchsed a Cobra kit car. Had it sent and never put it together. Sat in my garage for 4 years !

Manic said:
Link didn't work for me, but is it this one?

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/browse.aspx?brw=Used&filter=(Make='COBRA')

I suck at links sometimes. Hope I got it right now.

Nice ride, Good luck on the buy. Comfort may be an issue these cars are very tight on getting in and out.

Hemi-HA said:
Nice ride, Good luck on the buy. Comfort may be an issue these cars are very tight on getting in and out.

There is a trick to getting in and out. Even with my short legs, I cannot get my feet past the front of the door opening. You have to push yourself up on the back of the seat and then kind of stand on the floor and step out.

Silverback said:
Not one helpful reply, and not a single welcome to the club. :eek: :(

Click your heels together three times and repeat after me; "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home!"

:D:D:D

John that looks like a nice car.

When I had the shop I had several customers that had those cars.
One was actually a real 1967 big block.

I had to drive them on a regular basis, after the novelty wore off, they were really a pain in rear. At that point in my life I weighed 195 and was in my 40's and they were very uncomfortable in most respects.
Not as bad as T Buckets..................

The cramped, extremly hot cockpit was not plesant.

If there is some way you could rent, or use one for at least a weekend. I would recomend doing so.

They really do however look and sound so cool. The one you are looking at must run very hard with a hot rod BB.

Low weight, high horsepower, short wheelbase = hand full of fun.

Silverback said:
I joined the forum and asked if anyone knew the car or it's history. Not one helpful reply, and not a single welcome to the club. :eek: :(

John I lurk on Viper Alley frequently...one of the real draw backs to purchasing a Viper is the lack of a site like VTCOA to get help and support...as a matter of fact I have often thought that with the number of Vipers our membershave...starting with Patrick...that a Viper Car Section might be called for...I think there are lots of people with Vipers that dislike the atmosphere at the Alley...just a thought...and a Ford section for your cobra knock-off and my Volvo (it is a Ford Product now!)

Roy

Silverback said:
As some of you have read, I'm thinking really hard about buying an AC Cobra replica.

There is a local dealer that has the exact car I'm interested in. Well there is a Cobra forum that has a NW Club Chapter. I joined the forum and asked if anyone knew the car or it's history. Not one helpful reply, and not a single welcome to the club. :eek: :(

Maybe they just know you....:D :D

John that is a very nice Cobra even though its Yellow.:D I agree with Jack that you should drive one for a little bit before you buy one just to see if it is something you want to own.

Bill.

Hey John, long time, no speak, eh? I've seriously been crazy busy. So you are still talkin about a cobra huh? Are you still thinking about sacrificing your truck to get it? Big mistake in my humble opinion. I miss my truck like crazy and I only had it six months. Don't do it bro!!! You'll regret it later. If you do get the cobra, hold onto your truck for at least six months after you get it so you can be sure which vehicle you like better. I'm bettin you won't keep the cobra through the winter. What fun is a car you can barely drive six months of the year. You can hop in your truck any day the ground isn't covered in snow, and I think you will miss that unless perfect days are the only types of days you drive your truck anyway.

Your Friend,
Greg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back