So if the....

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stage 2 flashes are only good for about 20-30hp on an RC, what is the mopar worth? I am just trying to justify going with either a custom tune or mopar route. I would love to hear from Boomer, B&G or DC on this as I am trying to figure out which way to go. The mopar is only attractive because of the price point and the fact that I have an RC which I'm not sure of the amount of gain I will get anyways.

Let's open it for discussion, I have never seen a before and after dyno with the same mods for a mopar PCM. That would be the real ticket.

Do you have number with just the exhaust and then adding just the flash? That's really what I'm looking for. Did the torque curve move left after adding the flash?

I really think most of the flashes are the same. I would think that the mopar flash is probably less aggressive as the others. Custom tune would be a good way to go, but how? You can get a stage 2 flash with the timing left stock and then add a VEC3 for the timing. Or get a stage 2 and keep sending your PCM with your dyno sheets. That could get expensive. But to answer your last question I have no doubts the TRQ curve moves left with any of the flashes. How much depends on how aggressive the timing is.

Smoke

harrisb said:
Do you have number with just the exhaust and then adding just the flash? That's really what I'm looking for. Did the torque curve move left after adding the flash?
i do not. i have a dyno with cold-air and cat back.. then with mopar goodies.

bucke, how'd that chart look? Can you post up the before and after headers, mids and flash?

IMO for a RC, you might as well go with the Mopar flash. The difference will prob be negligable. Now if you had a supercharger etc then a custom flash would be worth it. With a RC you don't get the benefit of losing torque mgt, one of the major gains on a QC from the stage 2.

Joe

That's what I figured. Another question, can the VIN be updated in a mopar flash so if I ever want to sell it and go FI I can still sell the flash to someone?

harrisb said:
That's what I figured. Another question, can the VIN be updated in a mopar flash so if I ever want to sell it and go FI I can still sell the flash to someone?

I have heard the mopar unit can not be re flashed......but :dontknow: for sure.

patrick

bucke77 said:
i do not. i have a dyno with cold-air and cat back.. then with mopar goodies.

Are you going to do a before and after dyno with the Mopar Cam? I would be really interested in seeing those numbers. I have everything but the cam and not sure that it is worth the money.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back