So whats Better?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Not worrying on price if you were looking at a quad cab would you rather get the 04-05 or the 2006 model?

Is there any problems associated with the 06 that isn't a problem with the 04-05?

Thanks guys

Off the top of my head, some of the 06's have power issues (from the factory)

I personally prefer the look of the 06 better. Yeah, a few have had some power issues. But with a few mods that can be fixed. ;) I would base your opinion on which headlight design you like best and then go from there.

Last edited:
well thats see 04 they only made in a regular cab so no quad cab in 04. 05 is what i have and love it. and i have heard a lot of power issues on the 06. also heard it was heavier for some reason sure someone else will chime in on that one i could be remembering incorrectly.

I heard that some year was built on a 2500 frame and some on a 1500.hope someone knows

And also the 06's are 5 passenger and the 05's are 6 passenger,I like the '06 Night Runners are nice, the black headlights are a must on the '06.
I like my '05, I like all the colour match accents from the YF package!
The '06's also have heated seats factory.

Last edited:
I heard that some year was built on a 2500 frame and some on a 1500.hope someone knows

06's came with the new frame design ... I prefer the 05's .

IMHO 2005 is the best year, better brakes and lower diff gearing over the 04, plus there were some other issues on the 04 that they fixed for the 05s. For whatever reason I really do not like the interior of the 06's but that's my only issue with them and it's really not a big deal just a personal preference. I also like that the 04-05 have a small third seat in the front. I wouldn't wanna own a pick em up where the ladies can't scoot on over by me :D :D :D

And also the 06's are 5 passenger and the 05's are 6 passenger,I like the '06 Night Runners are nice, the black headlights are a must on the '06.
I like my '05, I like all the colour match accents from the YF package!
The '06's also have heated seats factory.

My 06 is 5 passenger....just depends on some of the optional trim.

I prefer 05 outside, 06 interior. But agree with the above about enjoying the middle seat in the front. My girl likes to sit there sometimes.

People can argue about this subject all day long, but it really boils down to what your needs are in a truck, as for me I had a rumble bee for 5 years, but after a short time of owning a single cab, I really wanted more room, so when I decided to sell the ole bee, I wanted to upgrade to something bigger and better. I wanted a 06 "love the newer front end, along with the the new bumper design" and I knew I wanted the night runner edition, so that's what I bought! But it really all depends on you and what you want and need in a truck!

Quad cab is a must for me with any truck, esp being in the military. QC saved me from having to rent a U-Haul trailer for this 1200 mile move I just did yesterday and today.

I prefer the 06 front ends, But the 05 interior i think looks better...:rock:

Personal preference. I bought a 06 because of the way the front looked and because of the interior. :dontknow:

I guess I need to see the interior of the 05 models because my 06 NR is good for me. I like leather but suade is nice in my opinioin...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back