some questions

jeff_from_jeffco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please excuse my ignorance, because as i said i have dealt mostly with the "stock" world, but how much wakeing up would it do i was to have my truck tuned. I graduated from ranken technical college and the high performance instructor there said he would like to use my truck as a demonstration of what can be gained out of a tune. i'de be the one running the dyno the whole time, but he would be the one doing the tune. Should i give it a shot? and if so how much would i see gains out of a stock truck with a tune? and if a tune was done good and right will i lose mpg (highway cruiseing)?

Last edited:
RC gains on a canned tune are not that big. QC guys pick up more, due to the torque management changes to the transmission. You have to start making mods to make power.

i've been looking into cat backs, but i really just don't know where to look for good deals, or what will sound nice, or anything lol. never had a car that was worth any modification other than stereo stuff.

You'll gain more just from deleting 2 or all 4 cats. Full header back exhausts on these trucks is not for the faint of heart in terms of cost.

You'll gain more just from deleting 2 or all 4 cats. Full header back exhausts on these trucks is not for the faint of heart in terms of cost.

i know :( but yeah i don't wanna delete the cats i like being legal. will u throw a cel if u delete just the rears?

hmmm i may have to lok into this. have a guy good with welding and he helped me delete my rear cats on another car :) do u really see a hp gain deleteing the rear cats?

I just deleted my rear cats last week. Not only is the sound much better, but the truck feels way more responsive in my opinion.

You absolutely gain power. How much, IDK, but before I got rid of my rear cats, my truck wouldn't chirp on the 2-3 shift, now it does.

You absolutely gain power. How much, IDK, but before I got rid of my rear cats, my truck wouldn't chirp on the 2-3 shift, now it does.

hmmm my exhaust got messed with before I bought it but it still has all the cats they just put some different cans on it and I chirp from 3-4th but that may just be the tires IDK im running the Kumho tires and im stock other than the cans. well ive got intake and UD pulley now but still chirped before that

If I could get a free dyno tune made for my truck, I most certainly would.

A good tune will increase your MPG.

If I could get a free dyno tune made for my truck, I most certainly would.

A good tune will increase your MPG.

the tune is free, but i have to buy the tuner off him. thats the deal lol have to buy the tuner off him to get him to tune it for free. i think he said something about it being a diablo tuner?

We use SCT tuners for our trucks. Has the fellow ever tuned a Viper engine before? The last thing you want is to be the first.

the tune is free, but i have to buy the tuner off him. thats the deal lol have to buy the tuner off him to get him to tune it for free. i think he said something about it being a diablo tuner?

I have a header back exhaust I will be selling here shortly. They are stock mid pipes with rear cat delete and a magna flow cat back if interested

yeah if he hasnt tuned a viper engine before i would pass before you end up with a dead engine lol.

Diablo doesn't make a tuner for our truck. Sounds like the guy isn't SRT10 savvy, I'd pass.

Diablo doesn't make a tuner for our truck. Sounds like the guy isn't SRT10 savvy, I'd pass.

What he said. The last thing you want is a scrap Viper motor because the tuner didn't know what he was doing.

He also might want to show off how much power he can unlock and do something risky. You never know. I'd leave it to the folks who specialize in those. (I'm also really paranoid about losing an expensive engine!) Either way, enjoy the truck.

No way I'd ever let some wanna be instructor tune my junk.

Most instructors around here are instructors because they don't know shit, all they are good at is reading out of a book.

Back