Somebody screwed this truck up!!

Hell it should go faster with my IM and Valve covers on it (coming from a YF and all). :D :p

I am with Stinker on this one. I think that I try and turn a profit (as much as the market will bear) on anything I sell.

Stinker said what I was thinking... That will be one hell of a sleeper. :burnout:

Thanks Mutt:rock:

If you dont want to buy the truck .........dont.

but it will be good buy for someone , and a surprise for the first ford it comes in contact with;)

Stinker said:
and a surprise for the first ford it comes in contact with;)
Their face will be priceless!!!!
Ford Guy --> :mad:
Dodge Guy --> :D

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

amtrucker22 said:
Their face will be priceless!!!!
Ford Guy --> :mad:
Dodge Guy --> :D

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Iwould have to put a hemi 5.7 emblem on it;) :D

This thread took a 180! All I am saying is I dont think the dealer should try to sell it as an SRT-10 that has nothing wrong with it. Thats whats wrong with dealers. They try to hide any detail they can just to get a buyer. He should have done his research before posting it on eBay. I hope he does keep the truck and join the website. That would be ther best thing for him, his business and the truck IMO.

lightningKILLER said:
This thread took a 180! All I am saying is I dont think the dealer should try to sell it as an SRT-10 that has nothing wrong with it. Thats whats wrong with dealers. They try to hide any detail they can just to get a buyer. He should have done his research before posting it on eBay. I hope he does keep the truck and join the website. That would be ther best thing for him, his business and the truck IMO.

this is also a great reason for anyone buying anything to do a carfax report too;)

good post, and great points:rock:

starrman said:
However, it's not messed up because of an accident. I bought this truck at an auction and tracked the previous owner down to find out what the heck happened. He says it wasn't an accident that caused him to strip the truck, it was because the bank was taking the truck and he needed money. Please don't make me out to be the bad guy just because I own a small dealership, I had nothing to do with stripping the truck. I bought the truck to drive and am currently doing so. I'm a huge fan of the SRT's and that's why I bought it despite not having all the factory exterior and interior.
Welcome to the site.

These trucks are a blast, but whether you choose to keep it, or sell it, do what makes you happy.

I hope you stick around.

Bill.

I know you can't please everyone, but I thought my Ebay listing had good photos showing what's missing. I didn't even try to hide the holes in the dash or under the hood. The VIN#, motor, and tranny are still SRT-10, I don't know how you would market it in any other way. I will fax anyone my sale slip showing a sale price of $18,975 with buyer's fee. I was never planning to make a killing selling the truck. I just wanted to drive it for awhile and sell it to someone who can appreciate it. The truck does run great and it is a SLEEPER!

As a sleeper it's a good deal under $17K. All I think some are saying is it's kind of ridiculous asking over $20K for an incomplete SRT10 when an exact SRT10 with stock engine, tranny, exterior and interior can be had for the same price. Nothing wrong with trying to make a profit, but you shouldn't quote Kelly and other book/retail values when it's not a comparably equipped SRT.

Keep it and make it more of a sleeper, remove the body cladding and change out the rear bumber so there is no evidence that a viper motor lies under the hood. Then go make some cash (at the track of course).;)

I think it's kind of neeet. Remove the rest of the outside SRT stuff, wheels and enjoy a true sleeper. Not only that, if it gets banged up it's a lot cheaper to fix.

This thread is why I like this site. A bunch fo guys and gals looking out for each other and trying to do the right thing by getting some answers and facts. ALl in the hopes that one of us does not get screwed.

Without knowing all that has been posted in this thread my initial thought was the truck was in an accident. It was the most logical conclusion to come to.

Starrman, keep the truck and join the club. It will not be something you regret.
Let point you in the right direction if you want put the truck back together as an SRT-10.

Goto this website, just one of many, where you can find the parts you need
http://3rdstrike.biz/cart/index.php...id=407&zenid=8acd77b7216a00185c88b7ed15471e8d
http://3rdstrike.biz/cart/index.php...id=406&zenid=8acd77b7216a00185c88b7ed15471e8d

Hood and front fascia for under $1,200

Good luck...

Last edited:
Wholly crap this thread really did take a turn:D

SRTINCT said:
Be happy if you get $16.5K for it.
Ive been emailin him , with all thats missing Im trying to tell the guy that theres a min of 10 grand in work to get her back to spec (unless motor is fried). Ill keep hitting him with 10-12 grand for the truck every couple of days until I see it gone to take it off his hands.:D Which I would jump on immediately!

Last edited:
Who would have though that this little old thread I posted would turn into this:dontknow: :D :rock: :rock:

When I was buying this truck last week I never knew it had such a history. I'll admit I was alittle worried b/c it was missing so many key SRT parts. However, I drove the truck first and it was perfect! I was also hoping to buy it cheaper b/c it wasn't complete. I paid $19K for the truck after sale fees (I have the proof), so asking $20K for the truck isn't making a huge profit. Besides, I bought the truck to drive and that's what I'm doing. Thanks for all your advice, maybe we should slap a HEMI badge on it after all and kick some Ford and Chevy tail:rock:

I can't believe the logic of some here. Modify your SRT 10 and if someone doesn't like the mods it's no longer an SRT 10? The truck is still an SRT 10. It even still has the motor and transmission.

What we have is an owner who appears to have invested in modifications until he couldn't make the payments so he stripped it and put on lesser model Ram parts so the "good" parts wouldn't go in the repossession. The poor truck was sold at auction and the subsequent owners added more non stock parts to match the other non stock parts rather than the SRT 10 parts that belonged.

Poor truck! I wonder in 40 years whether this truck will have been crushed or will be being shown as one of the rare and now desirable SRT 10's from the 0 aught years. I see some very fine muscle cars from the 60's that were purchased and restored from just mostly a unibody frame. This truck is definately worth less than a complete truck but maybe it's found a good home.

I think it makes a killer sleeper

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back