Something concerning

But to answer the reason back removing the 904 and why it wouldn’t come out was because I couldn’t see the bolts inside the bell housing connecting the torque converter to the flex plate haha … well with all that tugging and pulling with the rope Imactually cracked the flex plate and had to replace it … bigger hammers don’t always work as expected hahaha

Laying on my back, I can't get far enough away from the vehicle anymore to see what I'm doing (eyesight).
Aughh, yes, hot(ish) transmission fluid running into your armpits...
Some (many??) of us learned by taking stuff apart and hopefully getting it back together! Those WERE the days!
Glad you clarified the eyesight hahahaha

But to answer the reason back removing the 904 and why it wouldn’t come out was because I couldn’t see the bolts inside the bell housing connecting the torque converter to the flex plate haha … well with all that tugging and pulling with the rope Imactually cracked the flex plate and had to replace it … bigger hammers don’t always work as expected hahaha
Oh geez! Didn't they have at least have a Chiltons back then?? Hahahaha

Yes they were ,l I’m in the same boat ,, I’m more worried about getting out from under the truck after changing the oil now .. sometime takes me longer that the oil change just to stand up hahaha !
Getting old is not for the weak!!

Don’t forget all the windmills being added to the oceans killing the whales and birds .. can you imagine a flock of migrating birds when the try to navigate eth rough thos fan blades .. I’ll bet that’s a site to see :eek:
Yeah the propeller TIP speed is near 200 mph on the large units when at their 19 rpm redline. Working near them for several days, we had quite the carpet of dead birds on the ground.

Are we still hoing this poor thread??

Guess that's what happens when OP doesn't give regular updates!!!
Hahahaha

Yeah the propeller TIP speed is near 200 mph on the large units when at their 19 rpm redline. Working near them for several days, we had quite the carpet of dead birds on the ground.
Ewwwww!

So much for bird survival and Climate control

Yeah, those pesky flex plates should be disconnected.

Last edited:
Plus as every one knows ,, MEN DONT READ INSTRUCTIONS! Hahaha
I absolutely believe that! My Dad NEVER read instructions!! We thought he maybe he just couldn't read! After he hit 80 and started messing with hooking up dbds etc he did make nnotes in the manuals lol

Vehicles - never! You just noggerate until she sees it your way! Love my Dad

Maybe I should start a Whale of The Month Thread?!?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back