Something to think about "Street Racing"

I have did alot of street racing but after going to the track ,,me and my son made a promise to each other that we will never street race again... now when people try to get me to run on the street I tell them that I will be at the track and will run the there..... and then if they are faster I have a better chance of winning

1 because the track hooks so much better
2 because I might beat them off of the light
3 wont loose my captains and drivers lic
4 listen to the crowd say look at that guy loose to a 5000 pound truck:rock: :rock:

Makes you think about it.I think we are all guilty to a certain degree.It really is'nt worth it.Race at the track and let the guy go if he wants to run ya.He may think you are a puss,scared whatever,But at least you wont be in JAIL!!

Think about this. Hypothetical; Lets say the driver was not racing only speeding. Would then everyone who is against street racing also be against speeding? If you say "Well I speed when the time and conditions are right for it" then what about the people who street race also when the time and conditions are right for it. I think this accident is awful so don't get me wrong. But I have seen a lot of accidents that have not been caused by street racing. I think there is a time and place for everything. There is also a limit (i.e top speed etc.).

The guy was drinking as well...idiot...and at 2AM (can't see well at night).

This just happened in Orlando yesterday....

I-4 Accident At Lee Road

Troopers said an aggressive driver is to blame for a deadly crash in the Winter Park area, slowing down traffic for several miles.

Investigators said Josie Bereva, 21, was racing down I-4 when he hit two vehicles near Maitland Blvd as he moved through traffic. He caused a van to roll over, ejecting four people, killing one of them. None of the people in the van was wearing a seatbelt.

"Scared the hell out of me, Made me think of how blessed I was. Because of, I mean, it could of been us that flipped," said Dewy Lee.

Lee was a passenger in a sport utility vehicle that stayed upright. He watched a passenger in this white van as he was killed.

A nearby trooper witnessed the car weaving through traffic just before the wreck. Troopers said Bereva's car had numbers on the window similar to ones used for amateur car races.

"The only thing I really saw was that van flip, and somebody in that van died because somebody wanted to race around," said Billy Barton.

Barton said he also does some amateur car racing, but he does it away from the public.

"There's a time and a place – mid-morning traffic on Ii-4 isn't the time or the place. People died for that today," Barton said.

Bereva's car hit a fence, crashed through a pole and came to rest in a neighborhood on Wymore Road. Troopers said his tires had no treads on them.

Because of the impact, power crews were forced to replace the power pole.

Traffic continues to be slow near the Lee Road exit of I-4.

--------------

I saw the car on the news that caused the wreck.... It was a 2001 Honda Civic coupe, painted flat-black w/ black wheels. It had numbers painted on the window with white shoe paint..... like the numbers you get at the track. :mad:

Wow! Must have happened after I got to work. I pass right by there twice a day.

I-4 is rarely a good place for speeds above 80 anyway.

ntw0rk said:
Wow! Must have happened after I got to work. I pass right by there twice a day.

I-4 is rarely a good place for speeds above 80 anyway.

Good thing you go to work early! They had I-4 shut down for 8 hours yesterday, because of some sign that fell down.... I think it was over by the Disney exit. :confused:

AWDisuzu said:
why was there a pregnant 16 year old girl who already had one kid?

And why was she MARRIED at 16? :dontknow:

........ But, back to the original question.... :D Do we have to go over the "Birds and Bee's" with you... AGAIN!?! :mad: :dontknow:

:D :D :D

FlyingLow said:
Think about this. Hypothetical; Lets say the driver was not racing only speeding. Would then everyone who is against street racing also be against speeding? If you say "Well I speed when the time and conditions are right for it" then what about the people who street race also when the time and conditions are right for it. I think this accident is awful so don't get me wrong. But I have seen a lot of accidents that have not been caused by street racing. I think there is a time and place for everything. There is also a limit (i.e top speed etc.).
makes a good point.........:)

My biggest beef with street racing.... (honestly)... is not the fact that 2 cars line up (neccesarily) on some abandoned road or deserted patch of asphalt somewhere and turn 'em loose....

The problem is that most people who street race or speed do so in a reckless manner.....

Either their timing, proximity to pedestrians or their insane need to "win" overwhelms good sense.... Let's just call them the fkn lunatics. They are everywhere.... and sometimes (if we'll be brutally honest) a bit of them exists in all of us..... These fkn lunatics who race or speed when it is unsafe ruin it for those of us who demonstrate good sense and who have NOT taken leave of our senses....

When someone pulls up at a light and wants ta' git with it, I have no idea if he's a fkn lunatic or not...... If I race him, he may do something that's fkn nutzo and kill someone.... Hell, anything can happen.....I could blow a tire and get out'a control, too.... Maybe kill somebody....

I'm just saying that not everyone you race cares about safety in general..... You might not care that much yourself... You want that adrenaline rush..... And andrenaline is just as addictive as herion or crack cocaine....

Once a junkie, always a junkie...

So, I admit it.... I'm a speed junkie too... But not on the street.... Not anymore.

And just for the record... I may have bocoups years on you, but I'm still a young guy... Ask anyone who knows me........ I'm just not as foolhardy as I used to be.....

D

Last edited:
I like how when the fact he was racing is thrown in that him being DRUNK means nothing... HE WAS DRUNK!!??!?!?!?!?! Anyone thing maybe that why he crashed?

...more to the story on the girl, she was 16 coming back from the e.r. because she thought she went into labor, married but not to the dad of the first kid. The guy was driving a silver camero at an alledged 90 mph (80 is normal for i-45)...

...Listin to the husband's story he says the first car pasted him at "over 90MPH" then 2 min later he changed lanes and then a after that he got hit, you know how were they racing if one passes him 2 min. before the other????

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070724_tj_fatalcrashfolo.aa381502.html

Django said:
My biggest beef with street racing.... (honestly)... is not the fact that 2 cars line up (neccesarily) on some abandoned road or deserted patch of asphalt somewhere and turn 'em loose....

The problem is that most people who street race or speed do so in a reckless manner.....

Either their timing, proximity to pedestrians or their insane need to "win" overwhelms good sense.... Let's just call them the fkn lunatics. They are everywhere.... and sometimes (if we'll be brutally honest) a bit of them exists in all of us..... These fkn lunatics who race or speed when it is unsafe ruin it for those of us who demonstrate good sense and who have NOT taken leave of our senses....

When someone pulls up at a light and wants ta' git with it, I have no idea if he's a fkn lunatic or not...... If I race him, he may do something that's fkn nutzo and kill someone.... Hell, anything can happen.....I could blow a tire and get out'a control, too.... Maybe kill somebody....

I'm just saying that not everyone you race cares about safety in general..... You might not care that much yourself... You want that adrenaline rush..... And andrenaline is just as addictive as herion or crack cocaine....

Once a junkie, always a junkie...

So, I admit it.... I'm a speed junkie too... But not on the street.... Not anymore.

And just for the record... I may have bocoups years on you, but I'm still a young guy... Ask anyone who knows me........ I'm just not as foolhardy as I used to be.....

D
the biggest tragedy here is that reckless driving is bad -- i completely agree... my beef is with drunk driving -- the by far biggest problem on the road today........ i don't think drunk driving is punished near hard enough......:D

..I wasn't trying to say street racing is safe or any of that, because it's not. I just like how you throw those words in there and nothing else matters....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back