Something to think about "Street Racing"

FlyingLow said:
Think about this. Hypothetical; Lets say the driver was not racing only speeding. Would then everyone who is against street racing also be against speeding? If you say "Well I speed when the time and conditions are right for it" then what about the people who street race also when the time and conditions are right for it. I think this accident is awful so don't get me wrong. But I have seen a lot of accidents that have not been caused by street racing. I think there is a time and place for everything. There is also a limit (i.e top speed etc.).

the difference between speeding and racing....is that when I speed I exercise some degree of sanity and back off when safety dictates....

I bought my first "semi-quick car" when I was 22...a turbo supra....yeah I know...took it out at 2:00am...was hauling ass down Sunset Blvd...guy comes behind me in of all things a pumped up Volvo...we hit it....as we get to the twisties...I slow down and this man just keeps hauling ass....no way to make the curve....and he didn't....the car flipped...ended up on the roof....the car slid back and forth across both sides of the street before coming to rest up a against a hill....

no matter how you look at it ....if this idiot died or killed someone else...it would have been my fault....

That is my problem with street racing...you may be in control...but the other guy might be a stone cold idiot...

btw..the other driver got out and ran.....I stayed behind....flagged down traffic as the car was on the backside of a blind curve and rocks and debris were everywhere...when the troopers showed...they new I was guilty but they couldn't prove it....

Nowwhat said:
the difference between speeding and racing....is that when I speed I exercise some degree of sanity and back off when safety dictates....

I bought my first "semi-quick car" when I was 22...a turbo supra....yeah I know...took it out at 2:00am...was hauling ass down Sunset Blvd...guy comes behind me in of all things a pumped up Volvo...we hit it....as we get to the twisties...I slow down and this man just keeps hauling ass....no way to make the curve....and he didn't....the car flipped...ended up on the roof....the car slid back and forth across both sides of the street before coming to rest up a against a hill....

no matter how you look at it ....if this idiot died or killed someone else...it would have been my fault....

That is my problem with street racing...you may be in control...but the other guy might be a stone cold idiot...

btw..the other driver got out and ran.....I stayed behind....flagged down traffic as the car was on the backside of a blind curve and rocks and debris were everywhere...when the troopers showed...they new I was guilty but they couldn't prove it....

Exactly........... The yabos always fk up a good thing.....

D

FlyingLow said:
Think about this. Hypothetical; Lets say the driver was not racing only speeding. Would then everyone who is against street racing also be against speeding? If you say "Well I speed when the time and conditions are right for it" then what about the people who street race also when the time and conditions are right for it. I think this accident is awful so don't get me wrong. But I have seen a lot of accidents that have not been caused by street racing. I think there is a time and place for everything. There is also a limit (i.e top speed etc.).

Ask anyone, I couldn't have said it better myself. Street racing on HWY6 at 1700 is bad, gettin after it on a feeder with no intrences or on the straight flat hwy at a late/ no traffic hour and running them up to 110 isn't a big deal either.

Alot of times a street racing acciedent is caused by people just not paying attention and pulling out onto a street, and getting hit. The street racing makes the hit harder and more deadly. But if the person had looked before they went, they might still be alive. If If If If If If If

Like I always say, lets exersise some respect and keep it in the school zones.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back