Sorry I have been missing...

Our prayers and best wishes for you Dale.

Silverback said:
Hello Dale,

Sorry to hear the bad news about the cancer, but the good part is you now know what it is and can start to battle the enemy.

One bit of advice. Talk to the doctor about your workouts. The building of muscle involves first the break down of muscle, and the body replacing it with more muscle fiber. Your body will require all of it's strength to fight the cancer.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you through out this ordeal. Keep us informed on your progress.

Take care,

John
:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:
May God keep you strong for this fight.
Amen

Today was the Pre Op visit for my port installation. It was also my Bone Marrow biopsy day. Boy did that one hurt. Tomorrow they do the port install and Wednesday is the start of Chemo.

So you will have a pic line...good. Are they using cysplatinum? Christine did her dissertation on the effects of cysplatinum on nucleic acid in DNA...blah, blah, blah...what ever that means :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Are you considering radiation too? Mayby bracytherapy...where they place little radioactive pellets next to the growths? A good friend of mine is a Ph. D. physicist who is one of the pioneers of brachetherapy...

Interesting stuff...learn as much as you can as quickly as possible...knowledge is power...

and one other thing...tell your oncologist that you want to use his/her first name...there is no more caring oncologist than one that will allow you to get on a first name basis. Oncologists traditionally try to stay aloof...it seems to be their coping mechanism...use his/her first name...it will make sure the relationship is what you want it to be.

Roy

Dale,
Still thinking of you..hang in there and dont take any shit from your doctors. You are paying them and deserve consideration..keep going to all your appointments and try to stay positive..your doing great so far..

Matt

Amen.
Thank You.

I had to fast today for the bone marrow draw, and it left me dehydrated. I have to fast tonight after 12 for tomorrow. And my procedure is late in the afternoon. So i have been pounding the water, trying to get ahead. I am sick of them missing my veins after saying how great they are. They missed twice today :(.

does talking about the truck make it feel better or worse...??

curios to where it stands in all this....but it's obviously not a priority to me, if it's not to you...;)

Dale, sorry to hear about the cancer, but your odds of beating are outstanding!! Especially with a positive attitude! I strongly believe that half of beating cancer is knowing you can!

I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. I hope that the Chemo doesn't affect you too badly. I am told that some people (sort of) breeze through it without too much trouble, I hope you are one of them!

Good luck to you! May God give you strength!

Hang in there, Dale we are praying for you each day:rock:

Dale i find it hard to post here on this, but i do check it often, so please dont think I dont care bud:eek:

Its jsut you and I have spoken many times, and for you to have to go thru this , well, jsut isnt the way it should be.

your a man that stands above men to me, as many times as we have spoken I dont think there was ever a time you didnt say sir, and was so respectable it was irritating:D

But thats what I love about ya bro, you def are a man above men:rock:

i wish you all the best, and as strong and as determined as you are, i know you will overcome this, i dont think I have ever met someone quite like you before, and I cherish your friendship:)

I pray for you every night sir

For all the prayers and support, Thank You.

Tony,
Thank you. I will answer your comment about going through this.
Why not me? It would not be right for me to neglect my responsibility and push it to another. I certainly did not ask for this, and I am not happy about it. But it is obviously my burden to bear. There is some greater reason that I have this in front of me. Maybe it was to teach me priorities? Maybe it was to teach me to love more deeply? Maybe it was to open my eyes at the number of people that are true friends and those that only pretended? Or maybe this is intended for an audience that I may never meet or understand. But I am a lucky one. I have been given a burden that can be beaten. I have odds on my side. But honestly, odds were not really needed. I am a fighter. I have it in me to put up any fight that is required to claim my victory. Had it been the more serious Lung Cancer as was originally thought, I was still planning to win. Because someone has to be that 5%. So now I just have to be part of that 80%-85%. I get a bigger window.

Here is my little self reminder. I have 12 chemo treatments over the next 6 months. (Light schedule if everything goes as planned. Some folks really have a hard schedule.) I figure I can do anything 12 times, no matter how bad, when you consider the goal.

That is exactly the attitude that WILL put you in the 80-85% Dale!!

Very well said!

God bless and give you strength!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back