Southern Truck Shootout Today, my drag times

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, i didnt wanna beat on the truck to much cause i had it entered in the truck show, but i did make 4 passes, and 2 of which i missed third, my next mod will be Tonys gen 2 shifter.

The setup: Volant intake, flowmaster 10 mufflers, and JTSVP underdrive pulley...stock tires, gears, shifter, no traction bars or anything else.
Full street trim with half a tank of 93 octane gas

Best of the 2 full passes was a 13.2 @ 105, 8.5 in the 8th that run, 2.0 60ft time
I did manage to pull a 1.9 60ft on the last run but missed third. Not bad for some streets, i was launching at 3k rpm and it was still bogging the engine, i wasnt spinning off the line at all but i was spinning second a lil (more than a chirp). When i get my 4.88's installed, a shifter, tractions bars and slicks ill be back :rock:

I did manage to win the full size truck show class, not that there was any competition :D One other srt10 showed up, 06 qc with rockstars, but he didnt run.

2012-12-15_17-07-06_342.jpg

Heres the rubber i peeled off my truck after running today, gotta love burnouts :rock:

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

This jeep was ridiculous, Stage6 was there with 3 turbocharged jeep srt8's. This one bested a 9.5 @ 153 mph, with some traction issues!!! These things were amazng to watch, they are out of Jacksonville Fl and are currently working on a couple twin turbo vipers. This is a 98mm in the jeep...
DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time. What RPM were you running when you crossed the finish line?

That's a pretty cool bro good times thats were I wanna be this summer low 13s im at 13.6 now what rpm u think I should launch at with my auto I just floored it a the light I only made one pass

Right at the finish line I was switching to 4th, and yes sir n awesome time indeed!

Jack you know it bud :D ;)

Runningonvenom: depends on what tires ya running and if you are having traction issues, learn how to get off the line efficiently without spinning and you can make some great passes, if I would have have a decent shifter I would have ran more, I'm sure I could have hit 12's with it. That auto is a whole different beast when it comes to launching though...

I wish I could have been there with you Cody. The 4.88's will put you solid into the 12's. Good showing Buddy.

If I put any kind of power at a red light I'll just spin if I just floor it when it's green it chirps then I'm gone

Great to meet you today Cody and congrats on the show trophy, beautiful truck. My junk was slow today. Best pass was the first, 12.89 with a 1.79 60', then a string of low 13's. Made the semi's in the street index class, but red lit trying to cut a tree. I was the last L put out though. Had a really good time and look forward to next year.

Ned

Nice Run man!:burnout: and those SRT8 turbocharged Jeeps look sweet!:rock:

Haha I know right, every time we ran we were side by side...next time man, maybe I can get Colby to run the 408 then...

Nice job Cody! Bet you're glad to be in a 10 again :chain:
Poor Lightnings, guess they'll realize our trucks do spank ass unlike the "stories" they've heard :)

Haha yes sir! Next year should be a 2 day event, test n tune, several classes, and truck show, everybody needs to plan to make it!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back