Spark plug wire change help!!

Come to south jersey wih some beer and I will do it for you

Hay, is this offer open for me to? I will gladly pick up some beer and come down if you are will ing to help. It mite be fun if 06Quadcab can get there at same time as well and have a little meet and greet and work.

I got the wires and then went oh when I saw the motor has to come apart a bit? What I am gonna need besides the plugs to do the change?

Hay, what is your schedule like? I am thinking of trying to get down to SRT2SLOW's place to have him help with my wires and plugs. Thought it would be a good opportunity to get some cheep labor to work on the truck and meet some other local srt owners. I live near willowgrove a little outside of philly. Where are you at?

Just did coil packs wires and plugs. I had a ball 1 stuck bolt kicked my ass for a week:chain::chain::chain::):D

thewelshm

Attachments

• JUST STARTED 5.jpg
    JUST STARTED 5.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 227
  • JUST STARTED 2.jpg
    JUST STARTED 2.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 229
  • inlet off 1.jpg
    inlet off 1.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 668
  • DETAIL 4.jpg
    DETAIL 4.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 489
yeah thats cool...I am free on fri..hit me up 646 996 8443

I can give you a call for details but I am having a couple things done at the dealer on Fri. Also what else would I need besides the normal plugs and wires? Do I need a new intake gasket? or anything else? I will call you Fri though. My name is Rodney.

I can give you a call for details but I am having a couple things done at the dealer on Fri. Also what else would I need besides the normal plugs and wires? Do I need a new intake gasket? or anything else? I will call you Fri though. My name is Rodney.

Hay Rodney, just to let you know, i will be heading to his place friday. I plan to meet him around 5ish. Definitely try to make it if you can. Im sure we will be there for a little while workin on the truck.

Hey guys they did not get all my stuff fixed at the dealer today. Part of one part did not come in. So I will most likely have to go back in next Fri for that. But how did your work turn out? OK I hope and I will get a hold of you soon to try and setup a day that works for us both.

Also what all will I need parts wise besides the wires and plugs? Intake gasket?

Yeah, all went well, and truck is running smooth as can be. I plan to go back and get my head lights blacked out soon, so maybe we will all be able meet up at that point. Good luck wit your parts Rodney.

Hey guys.....I am crazy busy right now and I was wondering about just changing the plugs right now to maybe smooth things out a bit but I was wondering if there is a special tool for the wires to get off the plugs without killing the wires????

Did mine in about an hour. Pull each shield off first. They wiggle off, than grab the boot gently pull off by hand. Might want to remove heat shield too. Use some dielectric grease in the boot makes it easy to re-install. Also, use anti freeze on anything you bolt back on to these aluminum blocks.
Also, do a search on here for indexing sparkplugs. I did mine, but you may need a couple of extra plugs.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back