Spark plugs wires and coils

vallessrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting new wires should i do coils as well and which ones should i do?

Interested in this also. Good luck guys, also so what kind wires and coils for a 100k mileage stock #10? Sorry don't m an to jack the thread.

Interested in this also. Good luck guys, also so what kind wires and coils for a 100k mileage stock #10? Sorry don't m an to jack the thread.

I got 100k miles out of Tony's and went with again:rock:

thewelshm

I have a set of stock coils and msd wires with roe racing wire seperators if interested 5k miles on them

Funny, I'm ALSO changing/upgrading my wires this weekend too. I changed my spark plugs about a month ago. I have a suspicion though that my heat shields are rattling because ever since changing plugs I get a rattle from engine bay at certain rpm's and it's embarrassing. I also have Belanger headers ordered and will be installed soon so I'd like to drop those heat shields all together if possible, what would I need to do to the headers to make them not burn the wires? I know I'll be doing some "cable-management" with the wires to keep them up and away from heat sources, but as for there portion of the wire closest to exhaust, what can be done to protect wires? Thanks.

Funny, I'm ALSO changing/upgrading my wires this weekend too. I changed my spark plugs about a month ago. I have a suspicion though that my heat shields are rattling because ever since changing plugs I get a rattle from engine bay at certain rpm's and it's embarrassing. I also have Belanger headers ordered and will be installed soon so I'd like to drop those heat shields all together if possible, what would I need to do to the headers to make them not burn the wires? I know I'll be doing some "cable-management" with the wires to keep them up and away from heat sources, but as for there portion of the wire closest to exhaust, what can be done to protect wires? Thanks.

I hav'nt had shields on for 100k miles :dontknow: no issues.

thewelshm

thewelshm, how do you have your wires tucked and routed, up high along the intake or in the stock location using oem looms?

Have your headers ceramic coated. No extra protection needed. Stock coils and wires are fine, but like others have said Tony sells coils and wires too.

I just had a 1 Screamin Demon coil go bad after 5 years . Just picked up the new set from Summit Racing. Got my power back.

You can get wire sheathing that protects up to 1400°

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back