Sparkplug Cannon

v8eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=7on_your_side&id=4757786

I was just watching the local consumer-watch program to see a Viper on the screen with the plate "VIPERMN", so I turned the sound up. The article was talking about engines, including the V10, spitting out sparkplugs.

Lucky though that Viper Man was talking about his FURD:hahaha:LIGHTNING!!!:rofl::laugh: VIPERMN is also LITNGMN and he an many other Furd owners are dealing with cylinder heads on their Triton v8 and v10 engines with only three threads to hold the spark plugs in. Normal maintenance has been consistently wearing these three threads out by up to four plug changes.

A Furd representitave was quoted as saying that there was no defect involved in the plug popping heads, but they have re-designed the heads to use deeper threads.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

they were probably caused by lack of maintenance...only 1,000 complaints in california!!! they're a lot more of those on the road than that. people that dont take care fo their vehicles always thinks its a defect when something breaks. its called preventive maintenance folks!! and trust me I'm not a Ford man...i hate em!

Not a lack of maintenance on the plug popping out issue in this case. You are correct there are many (read most) failures caused by lack of proper maintenance. Cars and trucks have gotten so trouble free that most folks take everything for granted and just drive them untill they stop. Pay along the way for proper maintenance or pay a huge bill when something fails due to neglect.

My 98 Expedition 5.4 had a plug come out. It is caused by a poor design and not enough threads to hold the plug in. We were able to put a plug insert in the head, without pulling the head. This was a common problem with the 5.4, not just in the L's. When Ford redesigned the head the issue was corrected. Most of the time the vehicle was out of warranty so the failure did not get reported. It is similar to the Ford Thick film ignition module failure. Most of those went unreported as they were out of warranty by the time the componant failed.
The plug thread failure happened to me at about 85000 miles. The plugs had been changed every 40000 miles. they always came out looking like they just came out of the box. We used antiseize on the threads and they were torqued properly.

FSTJACK said:
What is your post supposed to mean ? ? ?

This is just an offhand guess, but I believe he was referring to a Butt Plug.:eek: Mikey can send you a picture of his if necessary.;) :p :D

One of our ford work trucks has a 5.4, and it spit out a plug also.

Bill.

This just proves what I have known all along...

Fords not only suck, they BLOW!!

Hahahahah :rofl:

Buttplug....:)

What?...Sparkplug?......:confused:

Buttplug....:)

Sparkplug?.......:dontknow:

BUTTPLUG!!! BU-----TT---PL-----UG!!!:motz:

No we don't have any buttplugs, thanks for calling Furd, bye.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back