SPEEDING... No one thinks big of you

Hatedonmostly said:
I seen "streetracing" but never seen anyone street racing ????
LOL, Here is a description from wikipedia
Street racing is a form of unsanctioned and illegal motor racing which takes place on public roads. Street racing can either be spontaneous or well-planned and coordinated. Well coordinated races, in comparison, are planned in advance and often have people communicating via 2-way radio/citizens' band radio and using police scanners and GPS units to mark locations of local police hot spots. Street racing is reported to have originated prior to the 1930s due to alcohol prohibition in some parts of the United States

Also found a site to help you decide what to wear while street racing.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2146394_dress-street-racing.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Black1 said:
Seen it before on here.... and like last time... I request it be made a sticky, please.
I definately second that, i think i might just do the speed limit the whole way to work tomorrow:eek:

Rockin Ronnie said:
Hahahahahahahahaahaa!!!! I have that function and it's cool because when you smell like old mothballs it means when you sell your truck I want to buy it because it's still new!!!!!!! Comeon Roy don't be a Jerk! We own these trucks for fun!!! This is a seriously fun vehicle to drive!! You don't go and buy a 500+ hp vehicle to commute in. I don't want to be dissrespectable bud because I do think you have lots of good thoughts to add to the forum but COMEON!!!! Seriously??? If you had say 80 miles of open highway to run your truck you wouldnt???:)

If I have 1 mile of open road I floor it but maybe I have some speeding issues:dontknow: :D

Rockin Ronnie said:
Hahahahahahahahaahaa!!!! I have that function and it's cool because when you smell like old mothballs it means when you sell your truck I want to buy it because it's still new!!!!!!! Comeon Roy don't be a Jerk! We own these trucks for fun!!! This is a seriously fun vehicle to drive!! You don't go and buy a 500+ hp vehicle to commute in. I don't want to be dissrespectable bud because I do think you have lots of good thoughts to add to the forum but COMEON!!!! Seriously??? If you had say 80 miles of open highway to run your truck you wouldnt???:)

Uhhh. Django is Tim.... Prof is Roy...:p :D

Rockin Ronnie said:
... Seriously??? If you had say 80 miles of open highway to run your truck you wouldnt???:)

You have always been respectful to me, I could be your great grandfather you know.

But you ask a great question. In the CTS V...there is no doubt about what I would do, and I am a little ashamed to say have done.

But the truck is part of me, it is kind of like a member of the family and I really do not push her any more. I have only had two street encounters in the past two years...a Charger pulled along side of me and purged...well that was just more than I could resist...(sorry Tim, I got right back on the wagon). And the other time was with Sean Roe in the truck right after he had tuned it...an 06 Viper convertible wanted a go and we killed him terribly...much to Sean's delight.

If it ever gets over 3500 rpm these days it is very unusual...its a love thing, the CTS V on the other hand is a daily driver...but no one even looks at me twice...after all its an old man's Cadillac.

So the flame still burns, but reason and wisdom are trying to win the battle...here is a photo of my drivers side window:

IMG_0485.jpg

Prof said:
You have always been respectful to me, I could be your great grandfather you know.

But you ask a great question. In the CTS V...there is no doubt about what I would do, and I am a little ashamed to say have done.

But the truck is part of me, it is kind of like a member of the family and I really do not push her any more. I have only had two street encounters in the past two years...a Charger pulled along side of me and purged...well that was just more than I could resist...(sorry Tim, I got right back on the wagon). And the other time was with Sean Roe in the truck right after he had tuned it...an 06 Viper convertible wanted a go and we killed him terribly...much to Sean's delight.

If it ever gets over 3500 rpm these days it is very unusual...its a love thing, the CTS V on the other hand is a daily driver...but no one even looks at me twice...after all its an old man's Cadillac.

So the flame still burns, but reason and wisdom are trying to win the battle...here is a photo of my drivers side window:

IMG_0485.jpg
It should continues with "So stop trying to catch me "

This vid hits home for me, not because of my driving behaviour, but because it could be someone that I love walking accross the street when some retard comes barrelling down the road. I see alot of bad drivers on my way back and forth from school and work everyday, and it worries me...

Oh and Prof if you don't mind me asking, I noticed that you said you would show your students the vid, what do you teach?

its a very powerful message....what country was it from? too bad it will never make on the air here...

edit:
Research is showing that the anti-speeding message in the Speeding: No one thinks big of you campaign has hit home and is having an effect on driver attitudes.

The campaign, launched by New South Wales Government in June 2007, shows people wiggling their pinkies at young men who are speeding.

The campaign has got the community and young people talking and thinking about speeding thats the first crucial step in getting young drivers to slow down.

A wiggling pinkie now has another meaning slow down and stop acting recklessly on our roads because stupid driving behaviour can cost your life in the blink of an eye.

76 per cent of people surveyed believed the campaign increased community awareness about speeding and understood the campaigns clear anti-speeding message.

The campaign is about saving lives not pride. If it dents a few egos but helps save a life, then its worth it.

The song of the video is My immortal by Evanescence.

You may broswer its official website at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/campaigns/index.html

Harasin said:

Oh and Prof if you don't mind me asking, I noticed that you said you would show your students the vid, what do you teach?

I am in the Humanities and Communication Department. I have taught nearly everything in the Communication arena. Business and Professional Communication, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Mass Media, News Writing. I developed an Honors Seminar in Leadership, with one semester in Personal Leadership and the second semester in Corporate Leadership. I am referred to as an attendance Nazi...hehehe.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
Smokey said:
its a very powerful message....what country was it from? too bad it will never make on the air here...

edit:
Research is showing that the anti-speeding message in the Speeding: No one thinks big of you campaign has hit home and is having an effect on driver attitudes.

The campaign, launched by New South Wales Government in June 2007, shows people wiggling their pinkies at young men who are speeding.

The campaign has got the community and young people talking and thinking about speeding thats the first crucial step in getting young drivers to slow down.

A wiggling pinkie now has another meaning slow down and stop acting recklessly on our roads because stupid driving behaviour can cost your life in the blink of an eye.

76 per cent of people surveyed believed the campaign increased community awareness about speeding and understood the campaigns clear anti-speeding message.

The campaign is about saving lives not pride. If it dents a few egos but helps save a life, then its worth it.

The song of the video is My immortal by Evanescence.

You may broswer its official website at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/campaigns/index.html

Good data dig!

Most will note the small numbers due to the size of the country...

Last week the National Safety Administration released data that said over 5000 were killed in this country last year due to inattention to driving (as mentioned above) directly related to telephone use and more specifically texting while driving. Put speed and phones together and the toll is terrible.

I'm too old to drive and talk on the phone, and my fingers are too stiff to text very well, so I just let the phone ring and roll into voice mail when in the vehicles.

Prof said:
I am in the Humanities and Communication Department. I have taught nearly everything in the Communication arena. Business and Professional Communication, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Mass Media, News Writing. I developed an Honors Seminar in Leadership, with one semester in Personal Leadership and the second semester in Corporate Leadership. I am referred to as an attendance Nazi...hehehe.

Thanks for asking.

He would like to teach sex education, but lacks the experience.;) :D

Silverback said:
He would like to teach sex education, but lacks the experience.;) :D

Wrong!

I have the experience required...but it is was so long ago that it is probably no longer relevant.

Got to get re-certified one of these days...I need a volunteer to help.

Prof said:
Wrong!

I have the experience required...but it is was so long ago that it is probably no longer relevant.

Got to get re-certified one of these days...I need a volunteer to help.

I will get you a hooker while you are here. :marchmellow: :D

Hi guys!!! How is everyone? It's been awhile.

I see things haven't changed much. The young bucks who have to show off their "jet fighter jock mentality" are still trying to use the same faulty logic to justify stupidity. Their "Same Old Story" arguments never get close to the core issues. What is the telling clue here that they have no clue is that they try to take on Tim of all people in a war of words. The man is a wordsmith! Then, when they have no chance of winning a debate, they start a "strawman" argument which is attacking the person while ignoring the facts. "Drive a Toyota,...sell the truck (Tim sold his truck a long time ago), don't you ever drive fast?,...etc. It's an age old ploy.

Great video and thanks for posting it. Speed is more often than not a factor in accidents whether the driver is paying attention or not. The faster you go the longer it takes to stop and the more dangerous evasive action becomes. How can that be disputed? And, at higher speeds the damage is much more devastating.

The first thing I learned at driving school is how much I didn't know that I thought I did. Buying a fast car or truck does not automatically make anyone a Mario Andretti. Go take a driving course. Get some real seat time on a road circuit. Learn how to do it the right way.

Big Asp said:

I see things haven't changed much. The young bucks who have to show off their "jet fighter jock mentality" are still trying to use the same faulty logic to justify stupidity. Their "Same Old Story" arguments never get close to the core issues. What is the telling clue here that they have no clue is that they try to take on Tim of all people in a war of words. The man is a wordsmith! Then, when they have no chance of winning a debate, they start a "strawman" argument which is attacking the person while ignoring the facts. "Drive a Toyota,...sell the truck (Tim sold his truck a long time ago), don't you ever drive fast?,...etc. It's an age old ploy.

Great video and thanks for posting it. Speed is more often than not a factor in accidents whether the driver is paying attention or not. The faster you go the longer it takes to stop and the more dangerous evasive action becomes. How can that be disputed? And, at higher speeds the damage is much more devastating.

The first thing I learned at driving school is how much I didn't know that I thought I did. Buying a fast car or truck does not automatically make anyone a Mario Andretti. Go take a driving course. Get some real seat time on a road circuit. Learn how to do it the right way.

Damn Phil, it's f*cking great to see you post again.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Big Asp said:

great post asp, Hell just so every knows this former turbo powered truck is the one that started the modding sickness for me:rock:

Silverback said:
Damn Phil, it's f*cking great to see you post again.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks, Magilla! I've stayed away too long. Just got too busy. Do you still have the Jeep and are you still complaining about the Pacific Northwest?

And, thanks Ferrari! The guy that bought that truck put it in a ditch. He was supposed to call me if they totaled it so I could buy the engine back.

Geez, it's good to chat with you guys again!:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back