speedo weirdo ??

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went to have a few with oso farenhiet ,silveqc and robert from dodgetalk ,,and noticed my speedo was acting weird ,,,is is jumping up and down when i gas it but when i let it idle down speedo looks fine ,,,:dontknow: what controls the speedometer :dontknow:

Last edited:
Django said:
I didn't think anyone wore speedos anymore..... 'Cept maybe speed swimmers.

D

now i know you know im talking about my speedometer ;) plus i never could wear speedos made my nades hurt;)

what no one knows how speedometer is driven ??:dontknow:

does it do it just sittin or movin?????

,,,moving only,,form 10 to 40 miles an hour it will jump up and down ,all the way from 20 to 80 then back down,,once over 40 or so it spikes a little

quick look through the service manual looks like the speed sensor is on the rear end.

might have some frog fur on the sensor

what page is that on ,,i have it too but all i can find is wheel speed sensor

ya would have to ask, lol.

the description for the speedo is 8j-144

can't find the schematic now, lol

might want to check the fault code list for the speedo & see if there is any help from a code????

Last edited:
did test shows an AA code ,,,pcm message not received???now i cant find any thing in service listings for this

good deal.

i would check the speed sensor first, both ohms, connector & for frog fur on the sensor.

might have a rock hit or something along them lines.

work time, later

arug ,,i have no way to test this :mad: i wonder if i undo battery if this will reset??

Im talking to myself here ,,lol but i pulled sensor out of rearend and found what i describe as goo all over it ,,,so i cleaned stuck it back and and have decided to change gear oil out also ,,test drive to come next :D

ZCx said:
good deal.

i would check the speed sensor first, both ohms, connector & for frog fur on the sensor.

might have a rock hit or something along them lines.

work time, later

What the hell is frog fur?

Vman455 said:

slim lol best i could figure:dontknow: found problem though ,,,posted it on other thread :itsme:

Vman455 said:

"frog fur" is the super fine metal particles that float around gear oils that gets stuck to the filler/drain plug, if equiped with a magnet, & here last few years can & will get stuck on sensors & cause probs.

as long as its real fine & not too much, a sign that the gears are wearin normally

frog fur :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back