speedracers build

pirateman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its on the way home perry. Shipped out this afternoon.

29pyj4m.jpg

10f1a9h.jpg

2d1042c.jpg

opql3a.jpg

16ixfn4.jpg

n30zmg.jpg

2vxq0xu.jpg

Yellow venom said:
Looks excellent! Nice clean work! What is the benifit with putting in head studs? run more boost or NOS?
exactly, dont have to worry about the heads lifting.

Yellow venom said:
Looks excellent! Nice clean work! What is the benifit with putting in head studs? run more boost or NOS?

looks great pirate man!!!! and yes it is to stop any head lift from boost or n2o:rock:

pirateman said:
it was actually really easy. And it holds up to everything even acetone

Nice to hear from a unbiased source. I was going to put it in my garage but haven't yet. There is a local company that came and gave me a quote to do a similar product. For a 36 X 24 they wanted $5000, I told them I would do it myself for $500.

Yellow venom said:
Is there much cost difference between head studs and ARP bolts?

Stock head bolts are probably around 69 bucks. ARP head studs are about 400-450.

Sweet

That's the best cleanin' job I ever seen. I noticed #1 piston was missing in the piston pic. You didnt forget it did you Mark? :D Cant wait to get er back runin. I've actually detoxed from the truck but I can build my tolerance back pretty quick. Thanks Pirate and Stinker. Looks good!

Speed aka Perry

Last edited:
Speed Racer said:
That's the best cleanin' job I ever seen. I noticed #1 piston was missing in the piston pic. You didnt forget it did you Mark? :D Cant wait to get er back runin. I've actually detoxed from the truck but I can build my tolerance back pretty quick. Thanks Pirate and Stinker. Looks good!

Speed aka Perry

#1 & #10 maybe you got a V8 kit,LOL:D

yea thats all i use is mopar gaskets they are the best! Oh and number 1 was on the work bench installing the rings! LOL

yellowfever#154 said:
Nice to hear from a unbiased source. I was going to put it in my garage but haven't yet. There is a local company that came and gave me a quote to do a similar product. For a 36 X 24 they wanted $5000, I told them I would do it myself for $500.
I was quoted 8500.00 on my floor , and you are right it cost me about 450.00

Speed Racer said:
Ya think it will run again Wolf? :p

Speedy
I am picking it back up at the terminal today. The thing that shocked me was the attitude of roadway, what a bunch of jerks. Can you believe after they damaged the motor they are charging me to send it back so i can see what the damage is.But we are going to do what ever we need to do to get wolframs motor back to him and worry about the insurance claim later.

carriers

pirateman said:
I am picking it back up at the terminal today. The thing that shocked me was the attitude of roadway, what a bunch of jerks. Can you believe after they damaged the motor they are charging me to send it back so i can see what the damage is.But we are going to do what ever we need to do to get wolframs motor back to him and worry about the insurance claim later.

I dont know if the carriers quite understand the value of those engines and attaching shipping charges to return it after damage is really weak! Glad youre helping Wolf out guys.

Speed aka Perry

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back