speedracers tear down

pirateman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perry Recieved your engine late yesterday. Cleaned and disassembled this morning. Everything is at machine shop this afternoon. I will keep you posted.

21azf9i.jpg

2aa0qic.jpg

15yf6tg.jpg

2w6dm4x.jpg

2dca0z8.jpg

v4ass7.jpg

11mavr4.jpg

2eqgw2b.jpg

i will have the pics of his rods , pistons and valves up maybe next week,
i have the rods and valves in , and the pistons I pick up monday, and take them to have them specially coated:rock:

Here ya go devil and speedy, now I have to take Speed Racers for coatings monday.

but also included a picture of the oliver rods for Eddies also, a little special configuration;)

Attachments

• 100_0689.jpg
    100_0689.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 78
Muzzy said:
Made in China? :hmmmm2:

-Muzzy
that fits perfect. the Truck was made in mexico, the rods from china and the pistons from the good ole USA:marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
that fits perfect. the Truck was made in mexico, the rods from china and the pistons from the good ole USA:marchmellow:

So can I assume those rods come with "happy ending"? :rofl:

Muzzy said:
So can I assume those rods come with "happy ending"? :rofl:
They do this time, my wife is just happy she didnt have to pay for them out of our account.:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

Muzzy said:
Made in China? :hmmmm2:

-Muzzy
Yeah as much as I hate it, most all rods are made overseas now:argh: , jsut a few are left foundried in the US, and well they are more than twice the price.:eek:

but I try as much as I can:rock:

Nice!

Pics look like I had a little more damage than I thought. Thanks for posting the pics. Might help the others and now I know where you're at in the build. Is that the #7 you're holding in the pic? (the chipped one?)

Keep postin' guys. These are also going in my photo book for my truck!
Thanks,

Speed aka: (Perry)

Stinker said:
Yeah as much as I hate it, most all rods are made overseas now:argh: , jsut a few are left foundried in the US, and well they are more than twice the price.:eek:

but I try as much as I can:rock:

Man, I know how it goes. I just look at half the crap I buy and it is hard to find anything made in the US.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back