Spoiler Options?

The taller wing would be from the Daytona rams.

The 04/05 with no bed cover were designed to actually provide downforce without drag. However high speed driving 60+ mph can cause buffetting and you can see the spoiler flap around. The wing does not directly provide downforce as it is a FOAM! core and somewhate flimsy and lightweight, however it prevents lift and smooths airflow off the tailgate reducing drag. The wing was designed in a wind tunnel and it looks as though some engineering went into its profile. Here is a cross section of the spoiler.
bed_cover_and_srt_10_wing_section_002_custom_755.jpg

bed_cover_and_srt_10_wing_section_001_custom_183.jpg

The 06's with bed covers have a wing with three pedistals to prevent this buffetting. Not sure how productive the wing is with the bed cover. The angle off attack and the rear lip on this wing seems to provide direct down force. Here is a picture of the center brace.
1141183228760_srt10_005.jpg

The tall daytona style wings seem totally cosmetic as the profile doesnt lend it self to being efficient. It has no angle of attack to provide downforce, and is too high off the tailgate to effect the turbulence produced off the lip. It was designed to mimic the original wing on the "Daytona" car. Made famous by richard petty, this wing was so effective it was actually outlawed by nascar. What made it effective is it was slightly higher than the roof line, and traveled through undisturbed air.
Dodge-Ram-Pickup-Spoiler-3448.jpg

charger-daytona-69_02.jpg

My advice, keep what came on your truck. if you have a bed cover, get the proper 3 pedistal, if you have no bed cover, keep the short one. if you want to look different, albeit silly and reduce the prestige of your truck by putting the "hemi" daytona spoiler on it. Go for it. Its your rig.

Last edited:
No there are a few of them out there, they just cost your ass in shipping and i dont think are worth it. Your best bet is to pick one up local. Ive seen the mopar originals go for $1,000+ But for the money i would get a fiberglass deal from Truck'in America. You can get one that one that is lighter, stronger, with carpet on the bottom, has a light under it, with a locking system installed, have it paint matched, mount a factory wing, and install a bed liner or bed rug, for the same price as buying a factory and having it shipped. That is if you do the labor yourself.

There have been a few for sale on a few forums, and on ebay. You dont have to just get one from an srt-10. 02-08 rams i believe will work, and all the ones from the factory are the same, except for the wing. You can have a body shop mount it properly or you can drill and mount yourself.

the oem srt tonneau's are aluminum... lighter than fiberglass, and are smooth... they don't have the raised center section of the oem mopar non-srt ones...

i'll be getting a lazerlite and reusing my wing if i ever get around to it...

the oem srt tonneau's are aluminum... lighter than fiberglass, and are smooth... they don't have the raised center section of the oem mopar non-srt ones...

i'll be getting a lazerlite and reusing my wing if i ever get around to it...

how will you mount it don't look possible

:rock::rock::rock:

Attachments

• Dodge_RAM_HFS_Edition_by_dangeruss.jpg
    Dodge_RAM_HFS_Edition_by_dangeruss.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 154
how hard is it to remove that wing on the tonneu cover?

Back