Spoiler or no Spoiler?

TheSickness said:
Only GMC's and Tundra's don't have wings :p

for 1, they're both too slowwwww to have any effect of downforce from the wing,

and 2, it get's in the way on the mechanics lift on the gmc (got mechanic comin')......... hehhheheeeeee

moparracing said:
for 1, they're both too slowwwww to have any effect of downforce from the wing,

and 2, it get's in the way on the mechanics lift on the gmc (got mechanic comin')......... hehhheheeeeee
Not my first vehicle of choice my man :2in1: :D

KFC offers wings if your referring to the spoiler then I say KEEP it!! They put it there for a reason!!

klmore said:
Has anyone removed the spoiler/wing off of the factory bed cover? I know it sounds nuts, but I don't care for the spoiler on the back at all.

I don't want to remove the cover all together just the spoiler. I may cover the holes with some flush mount plugs and paint them to match.

Any ideas?
i think most people have spoken,i too think you should keep the wing,but if you do take it off,ithink is a big mistake, ill give you a 100 bucks for it.dont want it taking up space in your garage.if you are going to get rid of it go all the way.

If you lose the wing, you might as well put one of these on it...

coverm35.gif

1Fast400 said:
For the people that talk about how fast the truck is with it, NowWhat currently has the fastest QC, it doesn't have a wing.
Yeah, well he had to have a supercharger to get under 14 sec. :eek:

I know, I know.....LACR, altitude, blah blah blah.....................

Just bustin your chops Mike..:D Winged trucks rule...:D :D :D

I took off my wing on Saturday when I was helping a buddy move. I contemplated leaving the wing off, but the truck looked incomplete without it. Its actually easy to remove, there are the two screws to fill in once you remove them. I say leave it on. :D

No Wing = Rumble Bee.:dancing:

SRTs have Wings.:rock:

Nuff Said!

KLMORE, If you are going to get rid of the wing let me know. I would be interested. It is off a CE isn't it.

If I take it off I will be keeping it. I couldn't separate it from the truck given that it is a CE.

I'll take it off and see what it looks like and go from there. I didn't realize this was a heated topic. :D

If you want a sleeper, ditch the wing and put "hemi" and "1500" badges on it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought you'd say. Obviously you keep the wing. Trucks don't normally have ground effects kits either, but I don't see these other wingless freaks removing their side skirts.

Greg

fun2xlr8 said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought you'd say. Obviously you keep the wing. Trucks don't normally have ground effects kits either, but I don't see these other wingless freaks removing their side skirts.

Greg
he said wingless freaks..............

fun2xlr8 said:

Greg

Freak?....yes......wingless?......yes......fast?......very!.....ditching the side skirts....has crossed my mind! I was thinking of ditching the side skirts and back bumper and getting a roll pan for the rear. Sorry that I don't want everyone on the street to immediately recognize that I have a VIPER truck! The badges and wing are the give-a-ways!

Functionwise.....the wing I don't see being that effective.....you have a big open bed.....then the wing with a gap between that and the tail gate....must create some drag ans that is a place for air to get trapped. By the way the wing weighs 50 pounds! The weight reduction alone will make you faster!:D :D :D

50 lbs!! I just took mine off last night, (and put it back on!) and it doesn't weigh anywhere near 50 lbs. Unless I have gotten much stronger recently!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back