Spoiler or no Spoiler?

ntw0rk said:
50 lbs!! I just took mine off last night, (and put it back on!) and it doesn't weigh anywhere near 50 lbs. Unless I have gotten much stronger recently!

I don't think it's 50 lbs either. The ones that come with the bed cover might be heavier.

Rice Eater said:
Freak?....yes......wingless?......yes......fast?......very!.....ditching the side skirts....has crossed my mind! I was thinking of ditching the side skirts and back bumper and getting a roll pan for the rear. Sorry that I don't want everyone on the street to immediately recognize that I have a VIPER truck! The badges and wing are the give-a-ways!

Functionwise.....the wing I don't see being that effective.....you have a big open bed.....then the wing with a gap between that and the tail gate....must create some drag ans that is a place for air to get trapped. By the way the wing weighs 50 pounds! The weight reduction alone will make you faster!:D :D :D

If it weighs 50 pounds, then I'm human.:eek: Not close in either case.;) :p :D

i think it gives it distinction, most trucks dont have them i WANT people to know what i drive. without it from a distance its just another ram and that is when people usually see it from a distance cuz they cant keep up....

If he took cover and wing off he shed at least 50 pounds.

I picked up .25 in the 1/4 mile (in my Hemi Ram 1500) by removing the fiberglass cover. ;)

22.7 or 50lbs., the weight is in the right place for traction - Behind the rear axle!:rock:

Keep The Wing ON!:D

The 'Record' for our Trucks...154/mph was set with the:

Tailgate up/closed
Wing on!!!!

267901.jpg

She had the wing-off... and he put it back-on!!!

Keep the Wing,
Quick

QUICKSILVER said:
The 'Record' for our Trucks...154/mph was set with the:

Tailgate up/closed
Wing on!!!!

267901.jpg

She had the wing-off... and he put it back-on!!!

Keep the Wing,
Quick

Sh*t.....Blake, 1fast, Walt and I will all be running some of the fastest times for SRTs and all of us are Rice (wing) free....in the words of Boomer....Wing = Plascraptastic....:D

Like the John Holmes of wings!! That's what I want. Yes...It's true, I am compensating, why else would I have this expensive ass truck!!

Nowwhat said:
Sh*t.....Blake, 1fast, Walt and I will all be running some of the fastest times for SRTs and all of us are Rice (wing) free....in the words of Boomer....Wing = Plascraptastic....:D
Yes, and now that we have the list we will be starting therapy sessions, starting on Friday.

Quick

Awwwwe heck just let everyone vote by some body starting a poll!:idea: Speaking of polls I bet Nowwhat's is rising from all this "wingless" attention.:dontknow:

Venom Power said:
Awwwwe heck just let everyone vote by some body starting a poll!:idea: Speaking of polls I bet Nowwhat's is rising from all this "wingless" attention.:dontknow:

every week we have more and more Wingless trucks....

Nowwhat said:
every week we have more and more Wingless trucks....

Well then if I can proove it makes a difference for the better I might join the wingless posse.

Venom Power said:
Well then if I can proove it makes a difference for the better I might join the wingless posse.

Take it off for one week and you will never go back....

Whatever, you guys removing the wings are the same type that did the same thing to the 1969 Dodge Daytona and the 1970 Plymouth Superbird back in the early seventies. Sure, you don't need that big of a wing on a street car, but it is what DEFINES the character of those cars. Same will be said for our trucks in 30 years!!

Greg

I may take mine off and just stick it in the closet for shows.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back