SRT-10 mechanic?

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a SRT-10 mechanic close to Dallas----besides the regular dealerships? Waco is 145 miles away and if it is an overnight job I have to get a motel to boot. Just wondering.

A few years back I remember reading about mechanics that had attended the Viper Engine certification/endorsement course. Dallas had a tech/mechanic listed on the site, so yeah there is...$0.02

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A few years back I remember reading about mechanics that had attended the Viper Engine certification/endorsement course. Dallas had a tech/mechanic listed on the site, so yeah there is...$0.02

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Appreciate the info but can find zero, nothing---pls help

What's the issue? Possible that a regular tech capable to do what's needed.

Side note: I bring a ton of tools when I go on a road trip. Doesn't matter if I'm driving the 10 or the wife's 2013 Durango, even when it was brand new. I am determined to not be at someone else's mercy to fix something on the side of the road or tow to a shop I'm not familiar with. Good luck finding a good mech.

What's the issue? Possible that a regular tech capable to do what's needed.

Side note: I bring a ton of tools when I go on a road trip. Doesn't matter if I'm driving the 10 or the wife's 2013 Durango, even when it was brand new. I am determined to not be at someone else's mercy to fix something on the side of the road or tow to a shop I'm not familiar with. Good luck finding a good mech.

Needing plug wires, valve springs and lifters---plus gaskets of course. I am just not capable of doing the work any longer. 20 yrs ago, maybe but no way now.

Needing plug wires, valve springs and lifters---plus gaskets of course. I am just not capable of doing the work any longer. 20 yrs ago, maybe but no way now.

Scott? Maybe another member? Wires are a Biatch all day job.:eek:. been there done that twice..

thewelshm

If you need that much work and Scott can’t help you out this time, you may just need to take it to a dealership.

If you need that much work and Scott can’t help you out this time, you may just need to take it to a dealership.

Hate to go to the dealership as I do not know their quality. I know what it should be but hear so many horror tails. Scott is almost 300 miles round trip and a 2 day job puts me in a motel or someone following me the 300 miles twice. I have a dealership 24 miles from home. Thought someone might know a good mechanic in the Big D area. God 3 kids in the area and at least could play with grand-babies.

Shorty,
You seem to have a bit of a quandry. Your truck has a history of being hacked and halfassed by the forever to Waco Wonder. It will take a real mechanic a long time to undo the shoddy repairs he's done.

By the way, The Waco Wonder...you rave about what a pal he is. Yet he lets you go to a motel knowing you are short on funds? Yeah what a Pal.

In a recent post, you stated how great a guy he is cuz he came to your house to do some hacking. How much did he charge you? Friends do that and all they expect is you buy the beer.

That guy is just out for your $$$

Lol .lol.lol.:D big grin not at your situiation shorty but what Elmo blatch said

Shorty,
You seem to have a bit of a quandry. Your truck has a history of being hacked and halfassed by the forever to Waco Wonder. It will take a real mechanic a long time to undo the shoddy repairs he's done.

By the way, The Waco Wonder...you rave about what a pal he is. Yet he lets you go to a motel knowing you are short on funds? Yeah what a Pal.

In a recent post, you stated how great a guy he is cuz he came to your house to do some hacking. How much did he charge you? Friends do that and all they expect is you buy the beer.

I really don’t know what’s worse, a hack or a piece of shit who kicks a guy while he’s down.

Shorty,

Elmo child----ya been here 1 year and 30 posts an now know it all----sad Democrat if figure. And a child.

Just curious as to why you think you need new lifters(?)

If you do (for some reason), yes you will need to pull the heads and get new head gaskets.

If you don't need new lifters, you can pull the intake and change your plug wires (no gaskets needed).

You can change the valve springs without pulling the heads- No gaskets needed.

Just curious as to why you think you need new lifters(?)

If you do (for some reason), yes you will need to pull the heads and get new head gaskets.

If you don't need new lifters, you can pull the intake and change your plug wires (no gaskets needed).

You can change the valve springs without pulling the heads- No gaskets needed.

When I saw Scott 2 weeks ago he said the lifters were starting to clatter. I am so deaf I could not hear them. He said if not replaced they would eventually flatten my cam. I am repeating as I remember. :dontknow:

Shorty,
There's a search engine called Google. Search Viper shops in Dallas. Among other things, a link comes up to a real Viper site, in there are 2 or 3 Dodge SRT Dealers that have a Viper Tech IN THE DALLAS AREA.

Now, 2 weeks ago your resident hack tells you your "lifters are starting to clatter".

1 - How in all hell can he hear that over Viper Injectors that are noisy to begin with, plus Headers.
2 - He's such a good pal that he let you leave his hackdom with what he says is an engine issue.

So according to you I'm a Democrat and a Child, and your on again off again pal says I'm a piece of shit. Which you click the "Like" button. However YOU are the first one to call out a "Potty Mouth" when it suits you.

Get Bent Moron...

Shorty,
There's a search engine called Google. Search Viper shops in Dallas. Among other things, a link comes up to a real Viper site, in there are 2 or 3 Dodge SRT Dealers that have a Viper Tech IN THE DALLAS AREA.

Now, 2 weeks ago your resident hack tells you your "lifters are starting to clatter".

1 - How in all hell can he hear that over Viper Injectors that are noisy to begin with, plus Headers.
2 - He's such a good pal that he let you leave his hackdom with what he says is an engine issue.

So according to you I'm a Democrat and a Child, and your on again off again pal says I'm a piece of shit. Which you click the "Like" button. However YOU are the first one to call out a "Potty Mouth" when it suits you.

Get Bent Moron...

Your so sensitive darling. I figured by now you’d realize I just have a huge hard on for you and I ain’t giving in until you give it up. :love:

Shorty,

Get Bent Moron...

oh child

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back