SRT-10 Pricing - Curious

Ready2Bite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents and Ladies (if there are any ladies owing/driving an SRT-10) : I am somewhat curious about the re-sale pricing on our trucks. When I look at prices for the Plymouth Prowler, almost all are asking more than MSRP when the vehicle was new!!!!!! What gives?Looking at production numbers and prices, factoring in that there weren't any options (they were all built with the same a/c, cruise/tilt/leather/nav/ etc) and the original list pricing ( from $38,300{1997} up to $44,625{2002}), how come they are consistently asking $49,000 plus depending on miles, etc? Over the course of 5 years, they built 11,702 Prowlers (based on what I've researched - if I'm off let me know) and owners seem to think they are soooooooooooo rare!!!!! They built about 2,000 less SRT-10's but we don't see the same hyped up pricing on these. What/why is driving this? The Prowler only has a mediocre at best 6 cylinder, 0-60 times are lackadaisical at best (unless going downhill and then only a second or 2 faster with the wind at your back) - this has me puzzled.
I was thinking of picking one up and was shocked that the pricing was what it is!!!!
Give me some insight.

Production Numbers

Here are production numbers and MSRP (US Funds):
1997 - 457 - $38,300
1999 - 3921 - $39300
2000 - 2746 - $43,000
2001 - 3142 - $44,225
2002 - 1436 - $44,625
Total Production over 5 years (from what I've researched they weren't built in '98) totals 11,702 units. SRT-10 production numbers (again, from what I've researched) are ONLY 9,527 units - R/C and Q/C inclusive!!!! Difference of 2,175! So why do these Prowler owners flaunt rarity?

Because the Prowler is unique in Body Style. The RAM SRT-10 looks like 275,000 other trucks and the average person has no idea what a Viper Truck is

Oh and your research on the Viper Trucks is off a few hundred

just sayin

I have to agree with you - nobody knows the difference. No issue there. The best "Sleeper" I've ever owned!!!!
So what are the actual production numbers then? I'm curious. Higher or lower?
Can you break it down per year and color? I'd like to have accurate info when people ask after I pop the hood.
Thanks for the response.

I've add to 2005's in recent months, soooooo, not completely up to date

Viper Truck Registry

Besides, everyone uses the Wiki anyhow, so I'm not very motivated. I have the VIN's and Equipment listings for every 10 identified on those pages

Not sure where you are looking for Prowlers, but there are eight on Ebay for below $30K and there are eleven below $35K. I've seen a few on Craigslist for mid twenties as well.

There are a couple down here in FL on craigslist for mid 20's :dontknow:

I'll be honest, I didn't look. Never been in the market for one, just not my style.

Back