SRT-10 Versus SRT8 Charger It's on!!!

Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my last post, there has not been any opportunity until now. My Old man and I will be taking care of this little debate in the morning. It is getting down to 55 degrees here, so it is a good time to run the SRT-10 with mods listed in my sig against the SRT-8 Charger that has a Mopar CIA. If I can hang with him I would be happy.

He has 3500 miles on the car, I am at 1270 miles. It is all just for fun, I just hope I can hang with the Charger!

I will post results tomorrow, no matter the outcome.. :)

Just a run with manually placing the truck in 1st gear. Halfway through the gear throw it up into Drive. Also put the truck in Tow/haul mode. Good luck.

Get Bit said:
Since my last post, there has not been any opportunity until now. My Old man and I will be taking care of this little debate in the morning. It is getting down to 55 degrees here, so it is a good time to run the SRT-10 with mods listed in my sig against the SRT-8 Charger that has a Mopar CIA. If I can hang with him I would be happy.

He has 3500 miles on the car, I am at 1270 miles. It is all just for fun, I just hope I can hang with the Charger!

I will post results tomorrow, no matter the outcome.. :)

Best of luck but i dont like your chances against a SRT 8 charger..driving a auto truck might help a little bit..
cheers
shane

Well, we ran them this morning.

Conditions 50 degrees, calm, humidity 30%, elevation 4980ft per the NAV. In Tow/Haul mode 1/4 tank of fuel, no spare, tailgate up, mirrors out, no Toneau cover. Wing ON :D Charger just has Mopar CAI, Traction control OFF.

We did 2 races, both from a dig..

Fist race, 3 honks, Launch at 1200 rpm, I have some tire spin, nothing bad at all, he has 0 tire spin. top of first gear I have 1/2 truck length on him, hit second, nice bark on the 1-2, 60,70,80 mph still holding the 1/2 length shift into 3rd around 81,82 he starts closing the gap, 92,93,95 at 98 mph we are dead even, this is just beyond the 1/4 mile after that he starts walking me, we shut off at 115 and he was 1.5 lenghts ahead

Second race, Launch at 1500, same amount of tire spin, I pulled him by almost a full length, his front end was at my rear 1/4 panel, same thing, I could hold him off up until 3rd where he would close the gap, at around 96-98 mph we are dead even, then he starts pulling on me, shut down at 105 he has me by 1 full car length.

I am very pleased. These cars will trap in the mid-hi 90's in the 1/4 mile at Bandimere in Denver which is at 6000 ft of elevation before the corrected DA factor which 8 out of 10 times we are over 7000 ft

So, I gave the charger everything it could handle in a 1/4 race, they have a great 3rd gear and upper end, I am sure aerodynamics, etc start really coming into play..

We will probaby go to the track later in the month to get a timeslip, with everything the way it sits, I might have a slight advantage.. they are great running cars, however this big truck does very well I am at 1300 miles he is at 3300ish, so they both will break in more! :rock:

Last edited:
good deal i got to find some better pavement to run my wife on, i spin all the way through 1st, maybe that'd help. yeah the chargers pull hard from about 80 to 130 and up

The only good thing with living in the clouds is that the power loss we expereince makes it so we do not have to worry too much about blowing the tires off! we were on a paved asphault road which was re-done about 1 year ago!

I still am pleased that my truck could 'hang' with his car, that is all I was hoping for. :rock:

Here is a picture of them both, Day after I bought the truck.

Truck charger web pic.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

sweet the hemi sounds badass when it shifts especially when it gets to the rev limiter

Wow, good runs. That stage 2 is a beast. Aerodynamics really come into play in the higher speeds.

1Fast400 said:
I'm surprised you jumped him so hard at the start. It will be real interesting at the track. When I put headers on my truck, on top of the same mods you had, I was able to out run my Magnum.

I agree, I am moving 5700+ LBS, I was just hoping to stay with the Charger, in a 1/4 mile race only it will be an awesome race, It all comes down to who crosses the finish line first, I think I car get him, however, I am glad that I can hang with an SRT-8 Charger. They are a great running car.!

1Fast400 said:
I'm surprised you jumped him so hard at the start. It will be real interesting at the track. When I put headers on my truck, on top of the same mods you had, I was able to out run my Magnum.

I agree, I was also surprised, along with Dad. My truck out of the hole up to 80 was more than he could handle.. :D

I am just wondering what my next mods will be. I am debating headers, mid pipes, etc, however I do not want the truck too much louder..

I agree with Scott, that big front end on the truck really starts pushing once you get to 110!! All in all you did well!!

Get Bit said:
I agree, I was also surprised, along with Dad. My truck out of the hole up to 80 was more than he could handle.. :D

I am just wondering what my next mods will be. I am debating headers, mid pipes, etc, however I do not want the truck too much louder..
Now I know who you are. :) You just joined my SRT8 forum recently. :)

Did not know you were soooo close to me.... I will fill you in on a little secret.. The 6.1L's have a heat soak from h3ll issue... If temp is over 180* the SRT8's lose around 20rwhp....

Next time I am up in Denver, we should hook up.... I want a piece of that beautiful Silver Viper of yours :)

Great runs especially being a father son race. :)

1bad4dr said:
Now I know who you are. :) You just joined my SRT8 forum recently. :)

Did not know you were soooo close to me.... I will fill you in on a little secret.. The 6.1L's have a heat soak from h3ll issue... If temp is over 180* the SRT8's lose around 20rwhp....

Next time I am up in Denver, we should hook up.... I want a piece of that beautiful Silver Viper of yours :)

Great runs especially being a father son race. :)

I live up in Northern Colorado, about 45 min N of Denver, I would really like to see your setup on that Charger. I did join that site just to learn more about the SRT-8's in general, very nice site btw. You would not want a piece of the Viper, as I am sure it would be a waste of fuel for you!

Do you know at what speeds your shifts occur? or say on a stock Charger. I would like to know when they hit 3rd gear as that is when he would start closing the gap that I pulled him on in first and 2nd.

Thanks!

Damn, it's been soooo long since I even sat behind the wheel of my beast. lol I believe the shift point is around 80 something..... Damn, now I can't remember...... Yea, it's around 80ish to third.... then 3 -4 is 120ish, 4-5 is 155......

That's pretty close to the shift points....

Mine should be just a little off from that as I am having a TCM flash done that will raise shift points by 500rpm... hehe... I might change out my gears to 370's as well... Not sure though....

I will be up to Denver eventually. I will give you some heads up....

Is the Viper stock or modded? A fun friendly race is never a waste og fuel. lol

Enjoy and see you around the forums.

Ron

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back