SRT-10 Versus SRT8 Charger

Thanks guys, I am just below 1/4 tank, I have my spare removed, and with the stage II, and Exhaust, and Airaid drop in I am hoping i can give him a run. His favoirite race is from a roll as most of his cars ( 70 GTX,) , etc never did launch too well.

1bad4dr, yes, we are at 5K ft of elevation, and sometimes the DA is well over 6500 - 8K ft. that kills the HP.

It is all in fun with the old man, he did the same thing growing up with his dad, brothers, etc. I beleive he is the reason that I have my passion for cars and drag racing. We will see how it goes this weekend. We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow mid afternoon, so we might try in the morning when it is still around 60 degrees.

If my 5800 lb truck can at least hang with his 4200+lb charger I would be pleased.

U will "hang" with him EITHER way...u may lose by a length but not much more. Also, in the above debate.....traction was usually an issue wen the RC was dumping the clutch...the QC would just take off. Put on some DR's and thats a HUGE advantage.

Good point!

Blakewilder said:
U will "hang" with him EITHER way...u may lose by a length but not much more. Also, in the above debate.....traction was usually an issue wen the RC was dumping the clutch...the QC would just take off. Put on some DR's and thats a HUGE advantage.

all i know is everytime i run my wife i go to spinning as soon as i break em loose a little she pulls ahead and it over i havent tried her on the 1/4 mile yet my best is a 8.83 in the 1/8th im thinking her car should do low 8's weve only ran on the asphalt not a track, normally by the time i hook up shes out front and pulling off. its still fun trying.

silversrt said:
After reading this debate, I wonder why we see no QC 's doing 12"s stock like a couple of the regular cabs here on the forum?:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: I believe the same motor ,same mods ,means that the RC has the advantage with a good driver..
Thats just plain mathematics.:dontknow: I think that the majority of the guys that have the money on here to get the big mods ((NOWWHAT,BLAKEWILDER,K-80-123 etc....) , have QC"S.Thats why some see Them as being quicker.Thats just my .00000002.:)

Stock QC will not get into the 12's. I think I only know of 1 stock RC in the 12's. Stock for Stock the RC should win. Bad launch or miss shift will change who wins. But a QC with a $500 stage 2 flash will out run a stock RC. I have even seen QC's with the flash kill cobras.

That makes sense.You figure that a QC weighs about 400-500 lbs more.The flash is worth 80 hp.You would only need 50 hp or so to equal the power to weight ratio of a RC.You end up with a 30 hp advantage over a stock RC.
Actually there are 2 RC in the 12"s, MOPAR MUDDER @ 12.771 and Zex SRT10 @12.7 and a couple of more with minor mods. :)

FlyingLow said:
Stock QC will not get into the 12's. I think I only know of 1 stock RC in the 12's. Stock for Stock the RC should win. Bad launch or miss shift will change who wins. But a QC with a $500 stage 2 flash will out run a stock RC. I have even seen QC's with the flash kill cobras.

silversrt said:
That makes sense.You figure that a QC weighs about 400-500 lbs more.The flash is worth 80 hp.You would only need 50 hp or so to equal the power to weight ratio of a RC.You end up with a 30 hp advantage over a stock RC.
Actually there are 2 RC in the 12"s, MOPAR MUDDER @ 12.771 and Zex SRT10 @12.7 and a couple of more with minor mods. :)

Neither one of those guys were stock. Mopar Mudder had Headers/exhaust/intake and Zex was running Nos. I really only know of 1 STOCK RC in the 12's. And that guy I questioned his PCM. He bought the truck used and the performance of his truck looked like the previous owner had possibly gotten a flash. Now don't get me wrong on this. There are no Stock QC's in the 12's either. In theory a RC should be faster then a QC, stock for stock. But as already previously stated, once mods are involved all bets are off. Just ask Stretch. We did several runs of his all stock RC against my QC with stage 2/intake/exhaust. We went from full stops and from rolls. It was never pretty for him. But his truck is also red, that has got to slow him down some also.

Smoke

I would say a stock RC with a Boomer Gen IV shifter....that would fix the problem......lotsa missed shifts with the stocker. Yeah, Smokes right on the Flash......way bigger deal in a QC than a RC.

only thing i can think of os the traction control on a charger, while a qc spins the charger is digging hard, makes a lot of difference

Zex and Craig's old truck are still king of the hill with their RC's for the fastest Ram SRT-10's.

Mod for mod the RC will beat out the QC. Comparing modded to stock doesn't make much sense.

I'll gladly run against any twin turbo charged QC's on a road course :D

Killed a Cobra ???? :dontknow: Say it aint so !! :D

eddie102870 said:
only thing i can think of os the traction control on a charger, while a qc spins the charger is digging hard, makes a lot of difference

My bro's SRT-8 spins the tires more than my truck at 7200'. From a dig the takeoff on that thing is awesome, I'll see if I can take some vids of it tonight.

1Fast400 said:
I was going to say, my truck will be ready tomorrow :). Transmission is being overnighted so we can get it running this weekend. Crossing my fingers

I am anxious to see the final product.Got any pics of the build?

if you are racing on the street....traction off the line is less of an issue compared to the track. since you'll have decent traction ditch the tail gate as well. Oh yeah and rip out your back seats! Race on 1/4 tank of gas too....these help as much as HP mods as long as you have traction!

About a month ago, while at the track, I had the opportunity to run a new SRT-8. I got my ass kicked because it would not go into third. I'll try to find the timeslip.

HOWEVER, I do remember his best time that evening was 13.7. Even with a $hitty 60', I still ran 13.20's. After the headers...always a 13.1 or better. Usually 13.0 with a very average 60' (2.1).

I'm not afraid of them. They better run 12.8's to stay with me. I'm near stock. Bassani's and a flash. I usually don't miss third anymore.

Its going to be, who gets out of the hole. You both have auto's. Are you going to race from a dead stop? Try it both ways....

Please have someone record it. It would be great to see it!

Blakewilder said:
stock to stock a QC will beat a RC....every time. Ive done it many many times ....like I said, it goes against common sense but Ive done it. I think your right Mike it is alot of driver error also.....especially in the 2-3 shift.

blake you must have been racing the hemi version...

my budie chris here has a qc with gibsons , catless mids, magnaflow , k&n intake ..

and he can usualy get me out of the bucket for the first 60' then i walk past him with no trouble at all...

if we go from a roll hes done everytime,, the only time he wins is when he sprays on me..

and just to keep you updated im still running stock 100% with my truck nos is hooked up but not complete ,,, no intake or exhaust on yet..

Blakewilder said:
I dont get it guys.......In my QC I beat almost EVERY RC I raced stock......they tend to spin or miss a shift i(into 3rd especially)....I think hell be fine. I know this goes against common sense a little but It it true.. The simplicity of the automatic is the key.

"almost".....the QC's I've raced have all been in my rear-view mirror. I guess it has to do with the fact that I know how to launch...I'd rather "drive" not just put it in "D".:dancing:

Just ask Blaine (SVT Freak)....he ran a 12.79 @ 108 with a Magnaflow @ HRP...when we launch them together on the street, side-by-side......;)

Blakewilder said:
stock to stock a QC will beat a RC....every time.

I would have to kindly disagree with that statement....:D

FlyingLow said:
Stock QC will not get into the 12's. I think I only know of 1 stock RC in the 12's.

Doesn't mean the're not out there......;) :rock:

when slow 91 and i launched the one time we went at it it was even til he went into third and pulled about 1 1/2 lengths on me instantly. stayed that way for a short period as we shut them down. we were fixing to be rolling by the police academy.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back