SRT-10 Versus SRT8 Charger

Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone raced a stock Charger SRT-8 with just a mopar CAI, against a QC SRT-10 with Stage II, Exhaust and filter? Oh, i also have my spare removed, that is some weight savings! :D

The ol man wants a peice of me this weekend, His car has 3Kish miles, I am at 1180 or so.. The guys who have ridden in both think the truck pulls stronger, especially my second gear..

Thoughts?

My bro's SRT-8 Charger walks me everytime now, he has a Magnaflow exhaust and the K&N Intake....I have the DC Stage II, K&N Intake, had the X-Metal Mids, and Magnaflow exhaust. Those are quick cars!

greatone61 said:
My bro's SRT-8 Charger walks me everytime now, he has a Magnaflow exhaust and the K&N Intake....I have the DC Stage II, K&N Intake, had the X-Metal Mids, and Magnaflow exhaust. Those are quick cars!

Damn, There goes some of my confidence! :D

Sorry man, Me and the wifee (granted she has a RC) have run a few times before S/Cer and it was a toss up. Sometimes she would win (man can she shift haha) and sometimes I would win.

The SRT Engineers have made comments that the SRT8 and SRT10 RC is a drivers race. The QC just has too much added weight.

Do the race anyway. Will be fun. :)

1bad4dr said:
Sorry man, Me and the wifee (granted she has a RC) have run a few times before S/Cer and it was a toss up. Sometimes she would win (man can she shift haha) and sometimes I would win.

The SRT Engineers have made comments that the SRT8 and SRT10 RC is a drivers race. The QC just has too much added weight.

Do the race anyway. Will be fun. :)

I was hoping with the stage II, exhaust and some weight reduction I could get him. I can pull my neighbor by a constant 1.5 lenghts in his 04 RC SRT-10 (all stock) before my mods he had me by 2 lenghts.

We race everything else, this will be no different. I am just talking less smack for this race! :D

1Fast400 said:
You will lose. I assume you're racing on a track? Please tell me this isn't happening on a street? I've race my wagon vs truck vs crossfire. Right now the crossfire out runs the truck. I raced them tonight and with the upgraded pulley's on the crossfire I beat my srt-8 by .5 in the 1/8th. My uncle was driving it and had some spinning issues, but it still wasn't close.

With headers, DC computer and maganflow we would be REAL close. The magnum just has a magnaflow. The srt-8/srt-6 are VERY smooth in acceleration, not violent like the truck. That weight just kills you. If you're doing a rolling start I suggest you test it first to find out your sweet spot for downshifting.

Thanks for the information, and no, it will not be at the track, as living in a rural area, we go out of town a few miles to a few spots we have picked out, where there is absolutley no traffic, it is all farm land still. You might see a tractor or a combine every now and then. We have been doing this for 14 years now, or since I got my license. We also have raced at a track several times. I have over 500 time slips from over the years when I was really racing alot. I would not race my Cuda or other 'race cars' on the street, as mid 10 second car is much different than a 14 second race as that is what an SRT-8 charger runs up here. granted, I guess there is always that risk..

I am just hoping it is somewhat close.... It is just some fun amongst family.. :)

thanks!

Get Bit said:
Thanks for the information, and no, it will not be at the track, as living in a rural area, we go out of town a few miles to a few spots we have picked out, where there is absolutley no traffic, it is all farm land still. You might see a tractor or a combine every now and then. We have been doing this for 14 years now, or since I got my license. We also have raced at a track several times. I have over 500 time slips from over the years when I was really racing alot. I would not race my Cuda or other 'race cars' on the street, as mid 10 second car is much different than a 14 second race as that is what an SRT-8 charger runs up here. granted, I guess there is always that risk..

I am just hoping it is somewhat close.... It is just some fun amongst family.. :)

thanks!

Where is "up here"?? If the CHSRT8 is running 14's, then you are above the 5,000 elevation. ARGH!!!

i ran my friends brand new srt8 charger and he gave me a good run... I kept the lead the whole way through and spun pretty bad out of the hole, but at the top of 2nd and into 3rd I really started pulling from him. Let us know what happens...I'm thinking with the added weight of a quad cab he's gonna take it.

1Fast400 said:
If you want to beat him, you gotta get him from a roll. If you're doing it from a stand still, you need to practice your launch to see where you can leave at. Make sure you have as little fuel as possible. At 9lbs/gallon it adds up, especially in a 20+ gallon tank.

Actually even from a roll my bro leaves me, especially with ESP off those cars move. Now if your trucks an RC, you may have a chance.

i agree my wife gets me from a dig everytime, qc's weigh too much i have no cats and a stage 2 and k&N cai

I dont get it guys.......In my QC I beat almost EVERY RC I raced stock......they tend to spin or miss a shift i(into 3rd especially)....I think hell be fine. I know this goes against common sense a little but It it true.. The simplicity of the automatic is the key.

Blakewilder said:
I dont get it guys.......In my QC I beat almost EVERY RC I raced stock......they tend to spin or miss a shift i(into 3rd especially)....I think hell be fine. I know this goes against common sense a little but It it true.. The simplicity of the automatic is the key.

I agree with you. A QC with a stage 2 will beat a stock RC. Stretch and I went out and did a few runs. From a roll and a stop I was ahead each time. But we had fun and we were safe about it. (not saying any of you are not). I put the favor on the QC but I do think it will be close. Be sure to race in Tow/haul mode and practice rolling into the throttle. I have found it to be much better to put the truck in 1st till I really get going. Then I throw it up into Drive. Then the truck shifts into 2nd like normal. Good luck.

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
I agree with you. A QC with a stage 2 will beat a stock RC. Stretch and I went out and did a few runs. From a roll and a stop I was ahead each time. But we had fun and we were safe about it. (not saying any of you are not). I put the favor on the QC but I do think it will be close. Be sure to race in Tow/haul mode and practice rolling into the throttle. I have found it to be much better to put the truck in 1st till I really get going. Then I throw it up into Drive. Then the truck shifts into 2nd like normal. Good luck.

Smoke

1bad4dr can attest to this, when I went to the track I raced a 300C SRT-8 about 4 times, we both had close to the same 60', but after his shift into 2nd he put a length on me and increased it about 1/2 car length more by the time the 1/4 mile was over. All he had was a Mopar CAI. Now about QC beating a RC, of course!!!!

1Fast400 said:
The RC should outrun the QC with no problem assuming there is no driver error. However, after seeing some of the videos from the nats, that may be a problem ;)

Not when the QC has a stage 2. Yes the QC weighs more. But the auto makes for easy launches. Plus the stage 2 adds 80HP and 100 TRQ. Now that is not max HP. But that gain in HP is in the lower power band. So at 3500 RPM a stage 2 QC is getting a lot more power. That makes up for the few extra 100 lbs and then some.

stock to stock a QC will beat a RC....every time. Ive done it many many times ....like I said, it goes against common sense but Ive done it. I think your right Mike it is alot of driver error also.....especially in the 2-3 shift.

I raced a SRT-8 Charger at the Rock and beat him by .6 secs.

If I was stock, he would have edged me out.

After reading this debate, I wonder why we see no QC 's doing 12"s stock like a couple of the regular cabs here on the forum?:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: I believe the same motor ,same mods ,means that the RC has the advantage with a good driver..
Thats just plain mathematics.:dontknow: I think that the majority of the guys that have the money on here to get the big mods ((NOWWHAT,BLAKEWILDER,K-80-123 etc....) , have QC"S.Thats why some see Them as being quicker.Thats just my .00000002.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back