SRT Ram as a daily Driver

46hemi

Reaction score
I am noticing most of the SRT's have really low miles. I assume not many people use them as their primary mode of transportation. I am wondering why? I understand in the rainy or snowy weather these trucks will be a lot to handle, and its not relaxing to have to worry about every move you make while going to the store for milk but I am wondering if there are other reasons why people don't use them more often.

Mine was my dd for awhile, wish it still was but I travel alot.

I would say gas and the cost of parts to fix it when it breaks, cause you know everytime you drive it you gotta get on it!!!

Put 32,000 miles on mine in 2 years. No mechanical problems. No problem in the rain. Got caught in Akron Ohio in 4" of snow. again no problem.

lots of guts on here drive theirs every day. i think there are some with over 100k miles.

FATJACK said:
Put 32,000 miles on mine in 2 years. No mechanical problems. No problem in the rain. Got caught in Akron Ohio in 4" of snow. again no problem.

Akron, Ohio? Why didn't you tell me you were coming to town?!!!

I just rolled 30K miles on mine yeasterday. Bought mine in June 07 with 11K miles. I drive mine everyday without any problems.

I had 30,000 miles on RED, they were hard miles too! She always asked for seconds! RIP

I've got 30,000 On BEAST and although she don't like to be beaten she's a runner.

I Bought RED brand new On FEB 20 2007 a 05 with 200 miles........... I work out of town ALOT! and still managed 30,000. I drove the piss out of her.

BEAST I bought with 27,000 in one month I have 30,000 on her. Just got to carry around a box of bandaids for the tranny :)

i see ppl that drive them everyday around here it would be nice to have two one to mod to the gills and one to drive everyday :rock: :D

I picked mine up November 2006 new with 64 miles on it. I'm just past 46,000 miles now (15,000 on the Roe), drive it every day, and all things considered it's been very reliable.

If I could afford a 3rd car (wife has a C6) I might save my truck a bit but I can't.

I expect to go past 100,000 miles sometime in 2011.

oldguy

This site probably has 30 or 40 accounts of people who have lost control of their trucks generally in wet conditions. One fatality.

Many others bought these trucks as toys...second, third and fourth vehicles.

Mine has been in the rain three times. It stays in the garage in the winter for six months...I have other vehicles that I drive as daily drivers.

It travels to car shows, and is used for pleasure only.

To each his/her own...

i wish i could drive mine everyday but i cant up here in wisconsin too much salt and snow otherwise there would be black marks all over

Bought my truck in Aug of 08 w/11,900 on her. Put it away around mid Nov due to the shitty weather and salt covered roads around these parts..did manage to get 3000 smiles on it before hibernation! I just cant see driving my truck in the winter around here, it would look like crap without a doubt by spring. My DD is a Jeep cherokee w/174000 miles on it, runs good and does not burn a drop of oil, feels good to peek into the garage when their is 2ft of snow on the ground and slush/salt covered roads and see the 10 all shined up ready to go :rock:

I had to start mine yesterday just to hear it rumble...six months a year and then only on good days.

I drive mine everyday no matter what the weather is. I don't feed no horse I don't ride.

I personally do not drive my truck a lot, not because I do not want to. Because when I do , I drive the hell out of her. But regardless I have a 98 Cobra as my DD that I bought when I was a senior in H.S in 97. It only has 78,XXX miles on it. But, the I truly do not want to put to many miles as I am sure it will be a huge factor in the future. However, I am in the military as well so I am not always home. so that saves a lot of miles on me.

ohiosrt10 said:
Akron, Ohio? Why didn't you tell me you were coming to town?!!!
I don't come to Akron very often but I do come to Dayton monthly to an RV auction (actually Franklin). My job has changed temporarily and I do not get to do the auctions right now, hope to restart in March.

Drive mine about 40 miles everyday, 6 days a week. You would have a hard time trying to get me out from behind the wheel of the stock beast:rock:

I bought mine just because I wanted this truck and I intend to keep it to be passed on by will...I have a daily driver but I have put almost 17K on her since August 07. I have intentionally drove it more during this time to see if any warranty issues come up...warranty expires Nov 09. Once I get about 30K on her I will only drive occassionally putting less than 1K a yr on her....hope to be driving a Chally as a daily by then..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back