SRT Shoot-out: Drag racing in Indianapolis

1bad4dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick approved link. :)

ust got the word:

It's official. O'Reilly Raceway Park, formerly known as Indianapolis Raceway Park, the grand-daddy of all drag strips and home of the largest drag racing event in the world, the U.S. Nationals, is opening one week early for a PRIVATE SRT-only drag racing event!!

Details:

March 22, 2008
Gates open at 9:00am
Drag racing starts at 10:00am, and we have the track for six hours.
Drag racing stops at 4:00pm.

Cost: $50 per car
Limited to 100 cars total.
Only Modern Mopar SRT's and 5.7L Hemi-powered LX's are eligible.
So some SRT-8's, SRT-4's, SRT-6's, SRT-10 Trucks and Vipers.

This is being called the SRT Shoot-out, but our 5.7L friends are included.

This event is a not for profit event. Any excess money from entries and sponsors will be returned in the form of prize money.

Here's O'Reilly Raceway Park's website with drag racing schedule:

http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ap...7809&zoneid=95

You'll notice that the first event of the season is March 29th. They are opening one week early just for us. This is a true private event not open to the public.

Great opportunity for an EARLY run in this part of the country.

I'll maintain a list on this and other LX-based forums to keep track of people. Payment arrangements will be made in the near future.

Hello to all the Viper trucks! I'm one of the SRT-8 guys who's coordinating this drag racing event at O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis. Here's some details:

Just got the word:

It's official. O'Reilly Raceway Park, formerly known as Indianapolis Raceway Park, the grand-daddy of all drag strips and home of the largest drag racing event in the world, the U.S. Nationals, is opening one week early for a PRIVATE SRT-only drag racing event!!

Details:

March 22, 2008
Gates open at 9:00am
Drag racing starts at 10:00am, and we have the track for six hours.
Drag racing stops at 4:00pm.

Cost: $50 per car
Limited to 100 cars total.
Only Modern Mopar SRT's and 5.7L Hemi-powered LX's are eligible.
So some SRT-8's, SRT-4's, SRT-6's, SRT-10 Trucks and Vipers.

This is being called the SRT Shoot-out, but our 5.7L friends are included.

This event is a not for profit event. Any excess money from entries and sponsors will be returned in the form of prize money.

Here's O'Reilly Raceway Park's website with drag racing schedule:

http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/ap...7809&zoneid=95

You'll notice that the first event of the season is March 29th. They are opening one week early just for us. This is a true private event not open to the public.

Great opportunity for an EARLY run in this part of the country.

Hopefully we can get some SRT-10 trucks to participate. I know I've seen at least 3 different SRT-10 trucks out at IRP, so I know there's some racers in the area. Let me know what questions I can answer.

Thanks!

Cool Place, I did the SRT Experience there last fall, and have been to many US Nats and other events there over the years... I'd definately be interested in attending, but it's on the same date as one of my kids birthdays, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for coming to our site and posting this information. I down south and cannot attend. I hope some of our members in the area are able to represent us.:burnout:

Hey guys - I won't spam your board and keep bumping this to the top every 12 hours - but have we got any SRT-10's around? I'd really like to see 3-4 of them running.

Confirmed with Rachel:
WE WILL BE ATTENDING.

Just got off the phone with Aaron. We're gonna take care of payment first thing in the AM.

Now I'm off to find a hotel....

I WAS JUST DOWN THERE A FEW WEEKS BACK I WANT TO GO BUT HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT WITH THE WIFE THERES AN AMERA HOST AROUND THE CORNER LIKE 3 BLOCKS AWAY AND THERES A WING HOUSE ON THE ST THATS DAM GOOD. ILL GET THE NUMBER AND POST IT

ctsrt10 - I understand you're interested, but don't want to pay way in advance in case it doesn't work out for you.

You can pay just a day or two before you come out if you like.

The issue is, it's a private event, and we don't want to pay for a cashier. The track will charge us more money if we need yet another employee hanging around. So there's no provision for a cashier - and thus no way to pay at the gate. You can certainly pay a couple days ahead of time if you decide to come out. I'd love another SRT-10 truck, and I understand you have an SRT-4 as well.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
Sounds like something alot of guys would love to attend,unfortunately I'm too far away.I'm sure you'll get a good turnout!!!:D

I'm curious why my post this afternoon got deleted in this thread.

If the remover would please PM me, I would appreciate it.

Kevan said:
I'm curious why my post this afternoon got deleted in this thread.

If the remover would please PM me, I would appreciate it.
Not it. And I didn't see your post. Was there any question I needed to respond to? If so, PM me.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt- you did respond to the question.
Both the question from CTSRT10 and my response to him were deleted.

Unnecessary (and uncool), but...no one has stepped up with any sort of explanation.

Kevan said:
Confirmed with Rachel:
WE WILL BE ATTENDING.

Just got off the phone with Aaron. We're gonna take care of payment first thing in the AM.

Now I'm off to find a hotel....

Kevan....if my son does not play that weekend....I'm in.
Once I find out and if there is still room we can meet and drive over. I'll be coming back that night however.

WAZZSUP said:
Kevan....if my son does not play that weekend....I'm in.
Once I find out and if there is still room we can meet and drive over. I'll be coming back that night however.
We're driving over Friday night, and staying at the Hampton Inn off of I-74.
We'll be happy to cruise back with ya on Saturday!

Kevan said:
Matt- you did respond to the question.
Both the question from CTSRT10 and my response to him were deleted.

Unnecessary (and uncool), but...no one has stepped up with any sort of explanation.

I did not deleat it, but the reason that both were deleated was the first post contained offensive language and you quoted the offensive post in your post.

Don't forget about us guys. I think we've got another sweet SRT-10 truck signed up.

Help!!!!!!!

Hey guys - we need a couple more people to sign up, and we need the people who have signed up to call in their payments.

It looks like we have almost enough people, but we're way short on cash to make sure we can pay for the event.

We need your help please!!!

1) Ask a friend to sign up

2) Be sure to call in your payment

Thanks!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back