srt10 photos

Exo said:
you have a pic of your truck through a chicks spread legs? I think it would be a shame if you didn't post it.

I could certainly try but my girlfriend might disagree.

Thank you for all the comments.

Exo said:
you have a pic of your truck through a chicks spread legs? I think it would be a shame if you didn't post it.

Sorry I lol'd

Great pics! Sadly, puts my 10 to shame. I need those grill inserts...

And those rims...:rock:

71dusterjon said:
and the red is color matched duplicolor.

So your wheels are just rattle-canned? What kind of prep did you have to do? They look great!

well i first took a red scotch brite pad to the wheels to get the finish off the rims so that the primer would stick to the wheel. i left the tires on the wheel and used note cards between tire and wheel when i sprayed paint. once primer was dry i made sure that the paint was smooth by going over with my hand. i then sprayed the flat black down. like always using light coats. i left the wheel alone for 24 hours before i started taping for the red. i used 1/8" scotch blue tape that you find at automotive paint stores. this blue tape is very flexible and really does a nice job around curves because it can bend. i then took 1" regular masking tape and tape the parts i didn't want red. after all the tape was on the wheel i laid more primer down to give a backing for the red (since red is a translucent color). laying down the red took the longest time because of the angles and curves. i took my time with the red doing very light coats so that i don't get runs or have the paint wrinkle.

i used about 3-4 cans of flat black ($4.99/ea)i got at local hardware store and then 4 cans of duplicolor color matched red($9.99/ea). took me a while before i found a place that had color matched paint but well worth it since there is like 43 different shades of red.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back