SRT10 - the future collectible version of the LRE ?

RAM MAN

Reaction score
What do you think ?

will the (original) version (single cab) style SRT10 be collectible in the future like the Lil Red Express / Warlock trucks are now ?

whats your .02 ?

RAM MAN said:
What do you think ?

will the (original) version (single cab) style SRT10 be collectible in the future like the Lil Red Express / Warlock trucks are now ?

whats your .02 ?
A large part of this equation is the total production run for this model, if the same holds true for the collector cars of today. The past couple of years is hard to gauge anything because nothing is really selling well. Although, there always seems to be someone interested in our trucks, and, although the prices aren't the greatest, they are still selling to an enthusiastic following.

gonna be so long before there is any value in anything produced after 1970.

Just my opinion....

The vast majority of the SRT-10's will be worth very little due to mods, wear and tear, rust, accidents, unwanted paint, interior mods, kinda like most classics.

The worth will always be presumed to be worth more than it's worth or equal to something that just sold on Barrett Jackson and most of us know that not every truck will get that big sale price.

The ones I think will be the greatest value:

The two all white CE's, providing they were documented well by Dodge
The two VCA's with the Auto's, (best info to date crushed, therefore unobtainable)
#400 Night Runner, last one sold and has the sigs of all the people that worked on the line
#0129 or 3057, GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORD SRT-10
#007 Yellow Fever, used in print ads and has a marketing history

From there, I think the most desirable to own will be in the following order:

CE's
VCA's
2006 Flame Red
2006 Bright Silver Metalic
Night Runners
Any 2004
Yellow Fevers
2006 Brilliant Black Crystal

From there, my opinion would be there all pretty much the same. The production totals, although I think they may make a difference, my guess is the $$$$ difference will be very little.

but then again, what the hell do I know

There are few Trucks of any kind that are 'Collectible' BUT there is and has always been Mopar fans and truck people who will seek out SRT 10 to use and enjoy..There is a LOT of folks that want/need a pickup and lets face the fact that a SRT is the fastest,best looking,most limited,highest optioned truck made in recent years....Every year there is less original SRT's available due to wrecks,mods ect. like Jeff says and in my humble opinion were close to a bottom in value for clean mid to low milage examples..The fact that new truck prices in general keep going up will do more to help our truck prices hold or even creep up than any other factor..Just look what 30 grand will buy TODAY in a SRT.....A low milage nice condition truck WITH a extended warranty..Thirty don't get much in a 2010 new Dodge,Ford or Chevy..I think a average 05 QC [40k miles decent condition.few mods] will bottom out at 16 to 18 grand and go up-hold and 06's will be 10% to 15% more..I also think ALL option SRT's [ NR's, roof,nav,side bags ect.] will be the first to go into strong hands and collections...The internet will make the market better and the very first time a hit movie or TV show features a SRT 10 we will see a BIG increase in interest in them [Not a cameo appearance like on Discovery]

I think these trucks will all become future collectibles as long as they are well preserved and well documented. I think owners should get pics taken with their trucks upon purchase and try to record as much history as possible.

My reason for purchasing my truck was...

I wanted a truck without mods or with very few.
I wanted a truck with low miles.
I wanted a red 2004 because it set the record and was the SRT 10 flagship
I wanted near excellent condition so I could maintain it in that same condition

I strongly believe my truck will appreciate over time and I may eventually sell. However, if I am wrong, what the hell? I'll drive and enjoy it until I die.

kennygene said:
I think these trucks will all become future collectibles as long as they are well preserved and well documented. I think owners should get pics taken with their trucks upon purchase and try to record as much history as possible.

My reason for purchasing my truck was...

I wanted a truck without mods or with very few.
I wanted a truck with low miles.
I wanted a red 2004 because it set the record and was the SRT 10 flagship
I wanted near excellent condition so I could maintain it in that same condition

I strongly believe my truck will appreciate over time and I may eventually sell. However, if I am wrong, what the hell? I'll drive and enjoy it until I die.

I agree with you 100%. I think they will appreciate as well but if they don't oh well cause I don't really plan on selling mine. It's very obvious to me that they are already a "classic".

There is just not that many built...I have noticed prices creeping up/holding over the last year or so.Even higher mile and moded trucks don't take as long to sell as they did last year.

i guess i never thought about the value going up on mine, i like it and i'll keep it and mod the heck out of it, i've never made any money on any car i've had before and that wont change with this truck...i think mine is going to end up as a pro-street truck(kind of like tinygiants) by the time i'm done with it:D

i dont worry about the value, i bought my first one because it was the baddest truck on the market at the time. still wasnt bad enough so i modded the shit out of it. still wasnt fast enough so i sold it and went off the deep end. hopefully this build will fit the bill. i plan on keeping it and giving it to my son one day. hopefully he will be old enough not to get killed in it by then.

Heck yes these trucks are going to future collector items. More then the Little Red wagon ever thought about. It going to more in the line of the Super Bird and Dodge Daytonna.
Especially since the viper line has been shut down, and they only made them for 3 years.

Am I going to make into a garage queen?
Screw that, I'm not saving it for someone else to enjoy in 20 to 30 years.

iraqivet01 said:
Heck yes these trucks are going to future collector items. More then the Little Red wagon ever thought about. It going to more in the line of the Super Bird and Dodge Daytonna.
Especially since the viper line has been shut down, and they only made them for 3 years.

Am I going to make into a garage queen?
Screw that, I'm not saving it for someone else to enjoy in 20 to 30 years.
:rock:

Regardless of the "collectible value" of the vehicle, I plan on keeping mine(once purchased) for a very long time. It already has a nostalgic value to it for me. Although decades apart my first truck was a Dodge Power Wagon with a 440 Magnum. I always wanted to find another one and restore it but this will be quite an acceptable substitute, hehe.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back