SRT10 vs Built Impreza

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original version: I was driving home from work last night, through Mexico, of course, and I rolled up on an Impreza with a big shiny exhaust tip. I thought to myself, "not even worth it". We ended up next to each other at a light. The light turned green and I eased away from the line, not really thinking he wanted to race. We were rolling about 5 MPH when I realized he was on the throttle, so I hammered down on it, heard his pop of valve as he shifted, then a split second later I lit them up going into second. I backed out of right after I grabbed third. I had 3-4 truck lengths on him at that point. I was also impressed with how hard his car pulled. At the next light we were lined up again. He looked at me and said, "this time I won't miss second". I smiled and said told him his car ran good. The light turned green and I soft launched, pullling about half a car length. Then I let off because I figured with a launch like that I shouldn't be in front, and maybe he didn't want to race. That was a mistake. About that time his turbo spooled up and I pinned it, but by that time he had about half a car length on me. He stayed there until we let off at the top of second. Final score: SRT10-1, Subaru-1.

I pulled over a little further down the road and he followed suit. The guy was way cool. Said his car has 10.1:1 and runs 19psi on Ethanol. It puts 330hp to the wheels and weighs 2800 pounds. His best at my local track is 12.09 at 113 (I've never actually been down the strip, but I'm 100% confident that I won't be going 12.0x at any elevation, lol.) He indicated that drag racing wasn't really his thing, that he was more into running up twisty roads.

I really wanted to run them again, but by this time we had crossed back across the boarder and street racing in the USA is a horrible thing to do and I would never be involved in such shenanigans. :D

Corrected version: raced a built Subaru last night. I won the first race, he won the second. I had a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I got it, Bradley. I am just too upset that Justin couldn't decipher my original post, to think about Mexican food. :D

First post was plenty clear, raced a ricer and beat him then he had an excuse, next "race" he did the ricers fly by

First post was plenty clear, raced a ricer and beat him then he had an excuse, next "race" he did the ricers fly by

Then claimed a faster time than he actually ran. Yep, that about sums it up. :D

Maybe you should tell my stories for me from now on. You always seem to be able to say exactly what I was thinking, using 25% as many words.

Corrected version: raced a built Subaru last night. I won the first race, he won the second. I had a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

HAHA. This is funny :D

look ok... if i didn't get so easily distrac

squirrel!!!

When the hell are you gonna put something disturbingly familiar in your sig? It pisses me off every time I see it because it states soon, very soon but you never deliver on that promise....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back