Srt10 vs diesel trucks

Mopar360

Reaction score
Have a 2005 srt10 regular cab, all stock but, has stage three clutch rated for 950hp, fresh rebuild only 2500 miles on it, aftermarket dragpack crankshaft and no rear cats, borla cat back exhaust.

Guy in a 6.4 powersteoke wants to race I said ok when it's summer, as I don't drive my srt10 in the winter, don't know his mods but was wondering how much money he will have to have invested in it for it to be really competitive. I'm not to worried only seen truck a few times, don't really know guy just see him time to time and know where he lives.

Anyone been beat by a diesel truck? If so what did it have for mods, how many dollars does it take to make a diesel hang with a srt10

Also any good advice hitting third gear, I can hit it 80% of the time but every now and then it gets me when racing it, that's the only gear I have trouble with, have beaten many gt mustangs with the 5.0 and a ss camaro. Haven't been beat in it yet but I'm sure my day is coming, I know of a zl1 camaro and a corvette around here I know that'd beat me.

Not going to take much to beat you from a dig if he's 4x4 the 6.4's are pretty stout. Probably intake, tune, exhaust and he'll be right there with you

Justin is right. Spartan makes a 300+ HP tune for the 6.4's. Assuming he does a boosted 4x4 launch, you will be playing catchup for most of a 1/4 mile. From a roll, it's a drivers race and you stand a good chance.

Where are you located (it's not in your profile)?

The fact that he wants to race you likely means it is modded, the question is how modded is he, with a diesel you just dont know. They can make as much as 1000hp and 1700+ torque and looked stock with some dumps.

ATCO had an all trucks race "Gas vs. Diesel" in the fall and most were in the low 14 sec range.
That is on a 1/4 mile track though and not a stoplight street race, good luck !!

ATCO had an all trucks race "Gas vs. Diesel" in the fall and most were in the low 14 sec range.
That is on a 1/4 mile track though and not a stoplight street race, good luck !!

I saw a guy with a RAM 2500 regular cab diesel and a 5 spd stick running like low 12's and high 11's on a fairly hot and humid day.

Smoked a lot of black so you know it was turned up a tad ... :D

Even if he has 1000 HP, you say you have 950. If he is a 4X4 you want to go from a roll, because he will have the advantage from a dead stop. I think it's an even race if you don't miss a shift, so get the new shifter. Good luck.

No mines stock, has stage three clutch to handle that much, might have 515hp.

So if I supercharge my truck, which I plan on this summer or next, then will it be a whole different story?

As long as you can hook, yes it will make a large difference. like others have said, if he has exhaust, tune and CAI they can make large HP quick and if he's 4x4 well that just makes it that much better. I've lost to coal rollers and beat coal rollers. Good luck

Here's a few diesel trucks racing. Gives you an idea:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPE4b0bZYM[/ame]

Here is one of our members racing his truck at the same event. He is also stockish but with an auto and a few bolt ons plus convertor:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlOpg3FUeg"]Fred's 7th Annual Truck Drags with Noid at Sacramento Raceway Park - YouTube[/ame]

Around 1200ft above sea level, why's that?

Hope my pic works, never posted a pic on here before, I use it as my farm truck every now and then lol! Neighbors don't know what to think. I have three dodge trucks this one, a 2013 power wagon with the 6.4 hemi and a old 1979 powerwagon, with a built 360 around 400hp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Around 1200ft above sea level, why's that?

Hope my pic works, never posted a pic on here before, I use it as my farm truck every now and then lol! Neighbors don't know what to think. I have three dodge trucks this one, a 2013 power wagon with the 6.4 hemi and a old 1979 powerwagon, with a built 360 around 400hp.

The higher the elevation, the better for the diesel that you are racing. Boosted enigines aren't as effected by elevation as your naturally aspirated engine is.

I've always wanted a Power Wagon.

Ok good to know, this summer I'll post the outcome on here, I might do a few minor mods by then, maybe a sct tune, or a intake or headers etc haven't decided yet.

That diesel will spank your butt if he has just a small amount of work done it .

There was a power stroke expedition that showed up in Panama City GTG once that beat every ten he ran against.

Run him at a 30 mph start and slap a 100 shot on your truck with a progressive window switch on it and you will give him a hell of a run .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back