SS Camaro vs RC SRT10

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I was driving home from work when I noticed an SS in the next lane about a car length ahead of us. Since I always drive through Mexico on my way home, I thought, "well, why not"? :D

I quickly shut the radio off, unplugged the iPad charger, confirmed that my son had his seat belt on, grabbed second (doing about 30MPHish) and told my son to roll the window down so I could hear the Camaro. I got up next to him and reved it up a couple times. For a second I thought he didn't want to play. Then I heard his RPM's climb as he downshifted. At this point his front bumper was about even with my back bumper. I let him have the hit. When he got to the middle of the passenger door, I stood on it. I immediately pulled him bad. I never made it into third gear, just let off when I had 3-4 car lengths. I don't think I really pulled him that hard, I just think he realized he wasn't going to win and let off when I started to pull away. Anyway, once we were back in the USA, my son and I reflected on our special father-son moment :D

Nice kill, I don't get to run many at the track but the ones I do see are really slow.

I've driven an automatic SS about a year and a half ago and it's pretty quick, but after driving a 5.0 GT and an R/T 6spd Challenger as well as getting my truck, I don't recall that it was that impressive in comparison to the others. The GT was the fastest.

I've driven an automatic SS about a year and a half ago and it's pretty quick, but after driving a 5.0 GT and an R/T 6spd Challenger as well as getting my truck, I don't recall that it was that impressive in comparison to the others. The GT was the fastest.

Out of all the new muscle cars, the Boss 5.0 is the one that appeals the most to me. (Or a GT500, but that's a different price point, lol.)

Yes, the new Boss GT is nice. I read an article recently that basically said minus the supercharger on the GT500, you could argue the new Boss is as good or better. It's also lighter.

He has the 5 speed and to be honest with you, it's pretty quick. His hits 60 in friggin 2nd gear. I was very impressed with the car.

When I drove one, I liked the Brembo brakes and the suspension felt pretty good for being a heavy car and there certainly was no lack of power. But it just didn't do it for me, personally. The retro style gauges and gauge cluster were lame IMO and I hated that you couldn't get a in-dash screen with nav since GM is so stuck on that OnStar bullshit. I think the newest year models have screens now, though. The roofline also felt very low, even with the seat set all the way down (I'm only 6'). Ford I think got it right with the 5.0.

Nice kill Chris, I've only raced a new Camaro in the wifes Charger but I had spray so it was an easy win.

When I drove one, I liked the Brembo brakes and the suspension felt pretty good for being a heavy car and there certainly was no lack of power. But it just didn't do it for me, personally. The retro style gauges and gauge cluster were lame IMO and I hated that you couldn't get a in-dash screen with nav since GM is so stuck on that OnStar bullshit. I think the newest year models have screens now, though. The roofline also felt very low, even with the seat set all the way down (I'm only 6'). Ford I think got it right with the 5.0.

I'm a truck guy but for a car, i liked it. I love the look of it.

Good kill Chris, a great way to teach the young lad that Chevys are slow. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back