standard cab gearbox change

Rcboy1972

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to buy a truck but it needs to be an auto had accident in 09 ended up with below knee amputation on both legs.
Really love the look of sc truck and have been told is manual trans only so my question is can the auto box from qc be retro fitted into the sc truck and apart from the gearbox what other parts are needed? has anyone done this conversion?
Or am i just wasting my time and should just go with the quad cab.

looking to buy a truck but it needs to be an auto had accident in 09 ended up with below knee amputation on both legs.
Really love the look of sc truck and have been told is manual trans only so my question is can the auto box from qc be retro fitted into the sc truck and apart from the gearbox what other parts are needed? has anyone done this conversion?
Or am i just wasting my time and should just go with the quad cab.

It's quite feasible sir although if doing so I'd use a GM 4l80e or better. Our auto stink :(

Sounds like you swapped out the other way reading your byline, the gm box will fit or will need to get adaptor plate made up?
The stock transmission that bad?

Last edited:
Conversion to the GM tranny requires a conversion kit. Coan Racing sells one that will work. I believe that they are around $1200$1400. TCI makes a six speed auto that is supposed to be strong enough for the HP of our trucks. I would like to put one in mine but it is still quite a ways down the build list.

Can the oem gearbox be uprated or is that waste of money?

Upgrading the OEM automatic is a waste of money. You will be money ahead to upgrade to a better transmission, especially wife you will be swapping transmissions anyway.

Upgrading the OEM automatic is a waste of money. You will be money ahead to upgrade to a better transmission, especially wife you will be swapping anyway.

Wife swapping? Fun weekend?

-big

I've got everything needed for the swap (other than a drive shaft) if you'd like to go with OEM stuff. Just finished the auto to manual conversion.

Hit me up with a PM if youd like to dicsuss it.

Been on to TCI who are saying they don't make a conversion for there 6 speed to fit viper engines cars so plan B would appear to be an adaptor plate from viper bolt pattern to a Chrysler bolt pattern then just need to suss out torque converter and torque plate as they are telling me these are also different looking like be easier to either buy quad cab or uprate OE spec box and fit that

Hi Skyy406 nice to meet you fella,I have restrictions on my account so can't PM you as I'm new.

Been on to TCI who are saying they don't make a conversion for there 6 speed to fit viper engines cars so plan B would appear to be an adaptor plate from viper bolt pattern to a Chrysler bolt pattern then just need to suss out torque converter and torque plate as they are telling me these are also different looking like be easier to either buy quad cab or uprate OE spec box and fit that
Call Scott at Venomous Performance and he can get you everything you need to do a swap, including a transmission. His number is 254-722-5697. He is a supporting vender here, and has been involved with more transmission swaps than anyone else.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back