Steering Wheel?

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody posted a pic of a replaced steering wheel for the 10 (Stock) Just wondering what it cost for the new one and what the part number is. Can't find the post anywhere. The carbon fiber part on mine is looking pretty crappy. If it is not outrageous in price I was thinking about replacing it.

It was me. I had mine replaced under warranty because of "abnormal wear". Sorry I don't know what they cost nor did I see a part number. All I heard was sign here.

100_1015.jpg

They cost an arm and two legs and if I remember correcly very few are available.
Ask Tim he knows a place to have them redone

Thanks guys. EMT, appreciate the repost of the pic. I could not find that post. I did not realize how much the top of steering wheel had deteriorated until you put that up. Damn You:D :D

Who's Tim?

Now that you mention it I kind of remember the steering wheel being very expensive also. Go figure. Parts for this truck expensive? That's weird...

SlvrSnake said:
Thanks guys. EMT, appreciate the repost of the pic. I could not find that post. I did not realize how much the top of steering wheel had deteriorated until you put that up. Damn You:D :D

Who's Tim?

I had no idea either. Mine has been smooth since 11,000 miles. I saw a pic of amtrucker22's new wheel and made an appointment with the dealer. I heard they are close to 1200 bucks new. Mine was on back order for about a month.

EMT/SRT said:
I had no idea either. Mine has been smooth since 11,000 miles. I saw a pic of amtrucker22's new wheel and made an appointment with the dealer. I heard they are close to 1200 bucks new. Mine was on back order for about a month.

Holy Shit! $1200 :afraid: :afraid: :afraid: :afraid:

Steering wheel I have now is looking better already:marchmellow:

Django said:
I'm Tim............

www.dallassteeringwheel.com

Garland, TX (469) 449-7973

Ask for Don..... he's a master craftsman. Leather only, I believe...

Worth every cent..... charges are reasonable....

Who's Tim...? (yikes)

D

Thanks for the info. I was just curious about the replacement. Just something to think about for the future.

SlvrSnake said:
Thanks for the info. I was just curious about the replacement. Just something to think about for the future.

This guy did a baseball stitch replacement of the leather wrap on my classic Z. All the local shops refused to do the work cuz none of their guys wanted to go home a cripple each night. (the work is excruciating on the hands) The only shop (Hot Rods and Custom Stuff) gave me an estimate of $450.

Dallas Steering Wheel did it for $160... and gave me a $30 refund for sending him my old wheel after it was delvered......

That was at least 2 years ago and that wheel still looks like new..... Not one loose stitch...

Cheap as chips, really............ awesome work. Don rules.

D

I have an appt at my dealer in a week. One of the things I brought up was the steering wheel. I'm thinking of having it recovered anyway. If I get the stock steering wheel, its just going to happen again in a year or so. I got a price of $380 to redo the whole wheel from someone who rewraps steering wheels.

I can also vouch for Don @ www.dallassteeringwheel.com awesome to deal with, fast and listens. I had a black leather one done for me for my black interior in The BATRAM. Reasonable prices, great work and he ships worldwide - fast! :) Not the best photos below but you get the picture.

Batram_Steering_Wheel.JPG

BATRAM_Interior001.JPG

there was one on ebay that had a silver wrap. I believe it was a match of the color code ps2 which is a dodge ram paint code.

I just looked on ebay it is still for sale the price is $289.00 free shipping.

Carlwalski said:
I can also vouch for Don @ www.dallassteeringwheel.com awesome to deal with, fast and listens. I had a black leather one done for me for my black interior in The BATRAM. Reasonable prices, great work and he ships worldwide - fast! :) Not the best photos below but you get the picture.

No shit, Carl...... Looks exactly like mine..... a true work of art.....

Don's name is actually Dong and he's from the Republic of Viet Nam... His work is nothing short of perfection... Don't let the low price fool you. This is the real shit....

D

bigike said:
Hell I wont use dallas wheel........................ they put it on the wrong damned side! :)
LOL if they did, that sure is some customer service coming down to New Zealand to configure the whole truck and throw in a steering wheel to boot! :p :D

LOL yeah only what 20,000 bucks!

My Kiwi mate needs to see that truck, he wants a lightning engine for his f150 he paid to have converted.

He's got a sick ute with a 351 windsor.

and... Can we change the steering wheels? do you know a firm like caravaggio for Z06, who made sports Sterring W. for our SRT?
you can see pics of the work of Caravaggio - a friend has bought it for his Z - very very nice job!

Stock Z06
89451384.jpg

Caravaggio
1003032.jpg

and, positiv point, he keeps his speed command and audio command.

For me, OE steering doesn't follow the spirit of this truck...:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back