Stereo Player Ate My CD

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just as the title states. Put the CD in and it doesn't play (the same CD worked in the past). The screen reads, "Invalid Disc". The eject button doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions on how to get the CD out and make the CD player start working again?

Just as the title states. Put the CD in and it doesn't play (the same CD worked in the past). The screen reads, "Invalid Disc". The eject button doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions on how to get the CD out and make the CD player start working again?

Sadly, it's probably time to get a new radio. Our radios are not great quality and they get replaced more than you can imagine. :(

Yep, it's done. Mine did the exact same when it crapped out.

For the heck of it ( and possible money savings) disconnect the battery for a bit and reset everything. Also remove radio and unplug/replug connectors on rear. Some electrical components like to be removed from power, then fired up again.
Also, if you haven't tried, eject disc with power off on radio. Not power disconnected, just in off mode by removing key

For the heck of it ( and possible money savings) disconnect the battery for a bit and reset everything. Also remove radio and unplug/replug connectors on rear. Some electrical components like to be removed from power, then fired up again.
Also, if you haven't tried, eject disc with power off on radio. Not power disconnected, just in off mode by removing key

Thanks. I've tried all of that except unplugging the stereo at the back. How do I get the stereo out?

happened to me 2 times before I just went ahead and bought the factory NAV. its not worth spending $80-$100 on eBay trying these crap stereos out. Go stock NAV, or aftermarket!

happened to me 2 times before I just went ahead and bought the factory NAV. its not worth spending $80-$100 on eBay trying these crap stereos out. Go stock NAV, or aftermarket!
I've got the RB4. Isn't that the factory NAV?

Just spray some water in there for lubrication should come right out. Jajajajajajajust kidding
Thanks! I got to thinking about it and if this works I am going to fill my crankcase with H2O, too. If it lubes the stereo, surely it can lube the engine! :D

i am on 4th radio thats how they all started 1 of the trays would show invalid disc or bad disc and slowly get worse till it no longer worked. first 3 where replaced under warantee this is the 4th and it has started doing same thing but out of warantee so i forsee an aftermarket radio this time or something a bit more custom as i am looking at :)

i am on 4th radio thats how they all started 1 of the trays would show invalid disc or bad disc and slowly get worse till it no longer worked. first 3 where replaced under warantee this is the 4th and it has started doing same thing but out of warantee so i forsee an aftermarket radio this time or something a bit more custom as i am looking at :)
Thanks for the feedback. What aftermarket unit are you considering?

Remove dash bezel to access radio bolts. Remove bolts and unplug unit. Remove unit firmly place in firepit. Splash gasoline on unit. Light gasoline with match!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back