Stereo Player Ate My CD

I do.:D

MP3's have around HALF the size file. Good for storage on small devices, bad for sound quality. Actually, 200 Gram vinyl pressings of original master recordings are comming back STRONG!! Modern music and recording styles are too compressed and sound flat.

For digital media, I prefer a .wav lossless (CD's for truck) or SACD's or gold Cd's for the home system running an OPPO. The beauty of the Hybrid SACD's is that I can grab the PCM (Red Book) layer in a .wav and make great disks for drivin in the 10. Have you ever heard Megadeath uncompressed from an original master recording?!? MP3 files are not even close:chain:

I buy most of my source audio from Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment | Acoustic Sounds

I agree,The sound is much better.I'm just lazy i guess,To much trouble loading,Unloading,Storing.:D

Just following up on this thread...

I have a 6CD changer in dash. The radio works and when I turn it on, I hear the CD changer making noises but cant eject the discs. Discs I want to burn to itunes lol.

Anyone know how difficult it is to remove the CDs once I get the radio out?

Just following up on this thread...

I have a 6CD changer in dash. The radio works and when I turn it on, I hear the CD changer making noises but cant eject the discs. Discs I want to burn to itunes lol.

Anyone know how difficult it is to remove the CDs once I get the radio out?

I have had several of them apart, that's not the hard part. If you intend on putting it back together in working condition, that's the hard part.

pull the neg. battery cable off for a few minutes to reset...worth a try

My CD is still in my stereo. I've given up on getting it out. One of these days I'll replace it with a bluetooth deck.

Please let me know if you get yours working again.

I can probably get a nav unit for mine. My truck is an 04 hemi QC. The 10cd changer still works thankfully. Its just been so long, I dont even know what CD's are stuck in it but I know I can't find certain ones so they must be inside.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back