Sticky Gas Pedal

HawaiianViper

Reaction score
Ive been having problems with my throttle sticking...acts like cruise control when i let off the gas, and hard to push. Ive cleaned the TB very good, throttle cable is clean...No check engine light....I dont wanna take it to the dealership and get ripped off. Can anyone help me out? If someone can Ill give you my cell number and if possible walk me through troubleshoots over the phone.

Hey bud,Aloha! Take some WD40 and spray down inside the cable sheath. Work the pedal by hand many times to work the oil between the cable and sheath. Verify again there is mo lip of carbon on the closing edge of the Throttle Blade. Good luck. Factory throttle body?

omg!!! i have the same problem!! my truck loves to stay at 1500 rpms at stop lights n while in neutral and oh it loves to just start accelerating when i dont have my foot on the gas at all!such. it only does it at times. the wd40 is the way togo?

sounds like maybe a faulty TPS Throttle position sensor

omg!!! i have the same problem!! my truck loves to stay at 1500 rpms at stop lights n while in neutral and oh it loves to just start accelerating when i dont have my foot on the gas at all!such. it only does it at times. the wd40 is the way togo?

Yup, yours sounds to be a TPS and they are like 45$ and easy to replace (2screws);)

FYI guys.... dont get cheap aftermarket sensors and create more issues... spend a little extra $ and get the OEM stuff. It will reduce your headaches later on.

Yeah but all factory stuff isn’t dependable either. Factory gave me a defective PS hose they replaced under warranty and it caused me to go in the hole 1K+

i wont debate the p/steering hoses or oil cooler hoses (all though i have the original ones and they have never leaked) but i'm more less talking about electrical parts.

Oh ok. LOL you must have the best PS lines they made huh ha ha ha.

guess i got the second best oil lines because my factory ones arent leaking neither. I dont have factory ps lines though because when i built the truck it didnt have them at all. You are correct though some factory stuff isnt worth it but to the most part factory stuff hasnt let me down when it comes to electrical, gaskets, seals ect and remember i built a hemi truck into a SRT10 so i spent money and did ALL the work myself

Last edited:
The ones i have now have been doing good now after i went through two of them. I would have done the work myself as well so i wouldn't have to go in the hole when the part failed but i was out of state when it happened. Im happy now with it but man did it tick me off when it stranded me lol ha ha ha ha ha

The ones i have now have been doing good now after i went through two of them. I would have done the work myself as well so i wouldn't have to go in the hole when the part failed but i was out of state when it happened. Im happy now with it but man did it tick me off when it stranded me lol ha ha ha ha ha

yeah ill bet man. My power steering line spung a leak yesturday accually while takin the truck to the tranny shop. Small leak from a VERY good line that i had made. I called him though and he said to bring it back and he will take care of it no problem

Is it a factory TB ---some of the after market tb's had this problem also... I still have my Factory PS hoses and they are seeeeeping like the oil lines did ----Stinker has the cure:rock:

Will installing the OEM tps fix the gas pedal sticking? VENOMOUS1-yes the TB is factory. Ive cleaned the TB very well...took of the intake arm and used quality tb cleaner, plus a mild scratch pad to clean it, followed by more spray and a white baby cloth. I checked the throttle wire, no kinks or binding. When the truck is off the gas pedal is soft. When on the pedal is hard to push, and my rpms will go between 1200-1700 when im slowing down or down shifting.

the guy before me. installed a x metal throttle body. and a cai. those r the only things that would effect the idle as far as i know.

will the oem throttle position sensor fix my problem? id love to not worry about it anymore.

Here were my symptoms of a bad TPS

When the truck got up to temperature, I would low down at a red light, the RPM's would "hang" at 1500-2000 rpm for sometimes as much as 10 seconds then they would drop to where they were supposed to be.

I put up with it for over a year, then finally went and got a TPS.
It solved that problem, also noticed that my MPG went from 11 to 17
And I swear the truck is quicker since I did that. I can break the tires loose where before it wouldn't.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back